The Hotel Emperor
  • Breakfast included
US$39
US$36
  • Breakfast included
Tiger One Hotel(Mandalay)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$50
US$45
US$99
US$160
US$136
Yuan Sheng Hotel(Mandalay)(Great Value!)
US$28
Diamonds Inn(Mandalay)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$20
Priceline
All reviewswet roommandalay palacemyanmar hotelstoastnoodlesrooms are smallhot showertwo nightsgreat place to staytea and coffeevery friendly and helpful staffclean hotelair conditioningtop floortaximoatenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in a solo trip and can't speak highly enough about the staff. They are friendly, cheerful, and speak very good English. They can arrange tours and bus transfers, and have a taxi staff ready to take you where you need to go. I strongly recommend arranging their Mandalay full day tour on a motorcycle. Very cheap and completely customizable.

The breakfast is huge. Enough to keep you going until mid afternoon. The a/c is cold and the rooms are modern and clean. They even had an adaptor available for me to use. The area is quiet and there are a few local places to eat and drink within walking distance (the place right next door is over priced.... Keep walking further).

Most of Myanmar for tourists, including taxis, can be pretty expensive. But this hotel (and their taxi service) didn't seem to overcharge on anything, which i appreciated!

I had a great stay here and would definitely return if I'm ever back in Mandalay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Chrysann_s
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Emperor Hotel in Mandalay provides you with practically everything you could want in way of a clean and safe accommodation with air conditioning, hot and cold running water, security, TV and s super competent and friendly staff who will go above and beyond in assisting you with any service.

The breakfasts were excellent and the small dinning room allows for you to mingle and meet other guests. There are taxi and motor taxi right outside the hotel and they were very reliable. Moe Wyn, my taxi driver, even got my missing laundry and took it to my fast boat minutes before I left for Bagan when the cleaners forgot to do my laundry. This kind of gesture from both Moe Wyn and the hotel staff was what made it exceptional.

Its location is somewhat removed from the center of the city and walking in July is not conducive to making it a comfortable stroll. However, as others have mentioned, it is an easy ride to the main mall and super market by motorbike taxi. If you've never tried this form of transportation, you should at least once.

Forget what you've read in all the travel books about taking only cash. ATM's are sprouting like mushrooms all over Burma including Bagan and Inle Lake. It never was a problem for me even though I had enough cash to cover my expenses.

I agree that the free Airasia shuttle is convenient and reliable. Use it, it is free. Taxi will charge you about $12 standard fare from the airport to the Emperor Hotel.

All in all, a great hotel, a great staff and the price is right...I would bring my wife here.

Best time to visit probably would be September to March. Good luck and have a safe trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Eraldo7411
Reviewed 15 August 2014

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE SIZE OF THE HOTEL!

I stayed for only one night in this hotel. The building seems small front the front, but it is not. It has adequate space and beautiful decor inside. The room I stayed was very nice and clean. WI-FI WAS GREAT!! Breakfast was also included and it was delicious.

The staff speaks very good english and very understanding of our situations. Me and my sister arrived very early in the morning and they allowed us to enter our room immediately at 7am. They also helped us buy bus tickets to go back to yangoon, free of charge.

The location is great! There are a lot of street food around, and marie-min vegetarian restaurant and the other recommended trip-advisor thai-restaurant (about 3mins walk). I rented a bicycle from the indian(thai?) restaurant across from marie-min and had a great time riding bicycle around town with just a short time of walking from the hotel.

The NICEST thing they did for us: our bus back to yangoon was at 8pm, so we were sweaty and dirty after a whole day of bicycle riding. We asked if they could allow us to shower anywhere in the hotel and they provided us with a nice, clean room to shower before we left the hotel at the evening (we already checked out of the hotel)

It was a pleasant experience. I would not think twice to book this hotel again if I come to mandalay again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Yolanda A
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place was a lovely place to stay, very friendly staff, nice rooms,Location is very good, right next to the royal palace.The staff here were stars: warm hospitality, welcoming smiles every time we walked in and extremely pro-active and helpful.
Great Hotel in Mandalay.

Room Tip: Room are Cleaning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LynnLynn777
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place was a lovely place to stay, very friendly staff, nice rooms, and a convenient location.

Just a few minutes by taxi from the airasia free shuttle bus to the airport, it made it very easy to get to the airport. The staff here were fantastic, very helpful.
Also sometimes it's the little things you love, the shower here was the best shower of any hotel i stayed at whilst in Myanmar.

Only thing that wasn't great was the breakfast. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't much choice of food.

Room Tip: No elevators mean you have to take the stairs. A room on the 2nd floor would be preferable, unless you want to walk up the stairs all the time.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends