“Centrally located”

Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Mandalay
Oftringen
“Centrally located”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel is centrally located in a very busy area close to the main station.
The rooms are clean, but you clearly can smell the smoky taste from former visitors. That is really disturbing.
The furniture and facilities in the bathroom, therrible.
One good thing is for sure the nice roof terrace of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Mandalay was my point of arrival in Myanmar and Hotel Yadanarbon was the best hotel that I stayed in.
I was travelling on a fairly tight budget and chose the cheaper room at this hotel. I was concerned when I saw that my room was next to the elevator but I need not have worried, I didn't hear a thing.

My only concern with the hotel was the hot water in my room. On my first morning, I thought that I had no hot water so on morning two I decided to put the tap on and wait........... and YES finally after, and I am not joking five minutes, warm then very warm water flowed from my shower head. I did not need to add any cold water but it was a decent enough shower, eventually.

The staff were great, the wifi was good in my room but great for Myanmar standards in the reception area and the rooftop restaurant in the evenings had good food and some entertainment (not to mention a free drink at happy hour).

I would stay again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wandering_Ozzie
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our first stay in Myanmar. The Yadanarbon Hotel is a new and central located hotel with nice rooms and lovely and welcoming staff. They organized tickets and trips for us, with no extra charge. The value for money is perfect. Another plus is this nice roof top restaurant, where a very good breakfast is served and in the evening puppet shows and traditional music are shown. We very much enjoyed our stay in the Yadanarbon Hotel and recommending it absolutely! Special thanks to Ko Ko Hmu, who organized a perfect tour. Together we visited Saiging, Inwa and Amarapura and several lovely places in Mandalay. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4Four_ladies
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is centrally located and is about a 5-10 mins walk from the train station in Mandalay. If you are travelling in by bus (e.g. from Yangon), the bus drop is right next to the train station so it was a short walk to get the hotel upon arrival.

There are also many food options nearby and a supermarket is located in Diamond Plaza, about a 5 min walk away. Overall the rooms are very spacious and the furnishings very new and modern. The service staff are also warm and friendly. Do check out the rooftop restaurant which has great views of the city. I had a great time during my stay here and will definitely return

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank darrellchan
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed in this Hotel for two nights and we were very happy with our choice. Compared to other Hotels in Myanmar the Hotel had a very good standard and service level. The breakfast is served as a buffet on a rooftop terrace with nice views over the city. In the evening they have a happy hour with free drinks- which we did not attend though. The rooms are pretty new and very clean. I can absolutely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caroline1776
Amsterdam
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Perfect location in Mandaly for visting the attractions like Mandalay hill on 10 min drive.
But dont expect western walking distance, there is a night market around the corner if you like to try. An absolut plus is the restaurant on de deckterrace with tradional entertainment. Service is good and friendly, we bought a boat ticket to Bagan at the reception desk and when we left they gave us a good breakfast package. The room was fine, clean and everything in working order.
In front of the hotel there is a unofficail guide who will talk to you, he claims to be on tripadvisor but we dont have good experience with him. I can recommend mr Zaw la (l.zawla@gmail.com) as a guide.
Mandalay is the best location to discover Myanmar, you can do trips to Ava, Saging and much more.
Tip: if you fly with Air Asia the ticket includes a bus ride into town, they will drop you of at the corner of the street.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JNT_NL
Belgium
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Location of the hotel is very good.Shopping complex nearby.The free Air Asia shuttle bus did drop us off about 300m from the hotel.To get to the airport we took a cab for 12 usd...a fair price because it's a 45 min drive to the airport.Rooftop restaurant is very nice...very good for dinner...prices reasonable.Expect to pay about 6 usd for a steak with french fries.Breakfast could be improved.Standard room was modern with nice ensuite bathroom.Avoid the overrated taxi service from the hotel.Nice excursions out of Mandalay : getting to Mingun by local ferry and a visit to the 3 cities.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple