“Exellent”

Kortrijk, Belgium
“Exellent”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Price/quality is exellent
Rooms and breakfast are ok and staff is really exellent
Management knows really how to run a hotel , they are very helpful
Everything is very clean
To recommand for a stay in Mandalay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel Yadanarbon is located in centre of Town and is very modern hotel; the staffs are very helpful, friendly with excellent service. I was given a nice drink on arrival, the check in was swift, my room at Yadanarbon was lovely and nicely furnished with good size bathroom on the fourth floor which was quiet. The breakfast on the roof top terrace had many varieties for the vegetarians and I enjoyed the stir fry vegetables, I could see the street market from the roof top which is interesting, I also went on the roof top terrace in the evening for a drink and got one free drink there as well. As I was leaving early next morning at 4.30 am, they gave me a cold packed breakfast which was really nice and I was very happy with this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hotel is centrally and conveniently located, rooms are large and very clean and so was the bathroom (but with no hot water, as it is common in Myanmar). The personnel is very kind and helpful and there is a nice terrace on top where to have breakfast (a very rich breakfast) or eat/drink something. Internet connection was included and good and the price we got was very reasonable.
If you don't need a pool or other services from a 5 stars hotel I would strongly suggest to go with this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms on top of the generator. We had room #102 and it was right on top of it (thou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for one night. It was a good choice for sure given the price. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and we didn't have an issue with noise.

The room was good and clean with a comfortable bed. We cracked up over the safe not being bolted down. Haha!

We had a driver, so didn't have any issues with people pushing taxis on us and found all the staff to be friendly and accommodating.

We had dinner on the rooftop and although it was very hot, it was great views and decent food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I spent a very pleasant night at Yadanarbon Hotel.
The hotel is very clean, the room is equipped with all basic amenities I could desire.
I asked for a room at a high floor to enjoy the view and to avoid the dust. It wasn't the biggest room available in the hotel, but it was definitely big enough for two persons (mother and daughter).
Top-floor terrace is also nice and offers great views at sunset.
I enjoyed a very good service from the staff. They booked me a shared taxi to the airport and prepared a take-away cold breakfast as I was leaving very early in the morning.
I would like to say a special thanks to Ko Ko Hmu, Operation Director at Hotel Yadanarbon for the excellent service provided. Last minute we asked to arrange the transport to Moustache Brothers show and he was able to guarantee our arrival on time and our safe way back to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for one night at the end of our Myanmar trip to rest before our flight back home. The room is clean and functional. We were on the 5th floor and didn't find the noise from the street a problem. The price is good for Myanmar standard. We didn't find any good restaurant in walking distance but there is a good massage place nearby. The food in the restaurant on roof top of the hotel is OK but it can be really warm there. The breakfast can be improved, especially the fruit selections. Overall within the price range it is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at Hotel Yadanarbon twice with three other friends while I was in Mandalay -- it is such a lovely hotel with excellent customer service! My friends and I were extremely impressed with the pleasant and helpful staff, beautiful rooms, and wonderful view from the rooftop restaurant. We even got a room upgrade our first stay there! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone spending any amount of time in Mandalay as it is in a central location and has many helpful services (arranging taxis, tours, and offering suggestions). I was particularly impressed with a staff member named Khaing Soe who was always so pleasant and helpful. He drove my friends and I to a restaurant one evening and waited for us outside until we were finished. He also drove us to the bus station, helped us with our bags, gave us each a bottle of water, and wished us a pleasant journey. You'll definitely enjoy your stay here! I hope to stay there again in the future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends