“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Yadanarbon

Hotel Yadanarbon
Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Mandalay
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After having been to a few hotels in Yangon where we paid heaps more we were pleasantly surprised. Everything was just about perfect.
Staff spoke a reasonable amount of English and if they didn't they got someone who did. They were really helpful.
I think this is the first time I've handed out an excellent.
Breakfast was totally enjoyable with quite a few choices.
It is very conveniently located and most taxi drivers know this hotel.
The rooms were quite a decent size and the aircon worked really well.
If I get back to Mandaly that's where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Yadanarbon

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights in an executive room. The room was very clean and had all we needed. The A/C worked brilliantly which was great in such a hot country. The breakfast was OK, but offered a limited range of options which wasn't too bad as there was something to most tastes. My husband is very fussy when it comes to food and he found it quite ok. The best thing about this hotel are the staff, which can probably be said for most hotels in Myanmar. Myanmar people are possibly the kindest, most helpful people on the planet and have a flair for hospitality. The staff arranged a driver to take us on tours, arranged airport transfers and even organised for us to check out at 3pm instead of 12pm (at no extra charge!) so we could rest in comfort before our flight to Bagan. My husband found the beds a little too hard, but I have a bad back and loved the extra firm mattress. There are other hotels in better looking areas, but if you want to see life in Mandalay warts and all, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor facing east. No problems with excess noise after 10pm but you can he...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having a short trip in Mandalay. Picked Hotel Yadanarbon as its strategic location in downtown and easily reach to a number of key spots in the city such as the Mandalay palace, nice temples,... .
At night the hotel provided traditional performance such as singing, puppet show with free of carge on the roof top.
Day trip arranged by the hotel is very good experience and reasonable price. Moreover, Mr Ko Nay was my tour escort and well treated me gentle and kind. Would recommend him if you are in Mandalay (konayconay@gmail.com)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are immaculately clean, comfortable beds, hot shower, cable TV and air conditioning.

The breakfast had toast, cereal, eggs, croissants, fruit and a selection of local food we really enjoyed it.

The hotel staff can not do enough for you, they helped with our luggage, arranging taxis and allowed us to pay for a late check out until 6pm.

I would highly recommend this hotel as you will not find this quality for this price anywhere in Myanmar.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I don't think there is a better hotel in the area for the price. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the air conditioning actually works, the staff is extremely hard working and helpful, and most speak at least a little English which was great.

We booked a day tour through the hotel to the sites around Monwya with an English speaking driver for 12 hours for 110 dollars and it was well worth it.

We only ate breakfast here, because the street food restaurants that open up right outside on the corner are fantastic, but the breakfast is very good with a short-order egg cook and a large selection of both western and Burmese food.

The hotel is located in a great area to see the sites in Myanmar, and rents manual motorbikes for $12USD/day if you don't want to bother haggling with taxi drivers all day.

The street food outside on the corner and adjacent street is delicious. We ate food from many of the vendors and did not get sick (just go where all the locals are eating). If you don't like street food, the rooftop restaurant has reasonably priced food and drinks.

They accept USD to pay for the rooms, but do not exchange money. There is an ATM in the lobby and a money exchange around the corner.

I would strongly recommend any friends traveling to Mandalay to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Closer to the ground floor is better if you plan on going in and out all day to see the sites; somet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and decent. Rooms are spacious enough. Breakfast was nice and the roof top restaurant has a nice view of the city.

We joined a "day trip" to 3 ancient cities provided by the hotel, and our driver/ tour guide Mr. Lu Aung was very friendly and nice! We enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was my last night in Myanmar so I treated myself to this place. It started with a super friendly staff member Si Thu who looked after my bags and recommended a place to watch the world cup until my room was ready. I was on the overnight bus and probably not very communicative but Si Thu helped me through my dazy confusion. They have cable tv, great breakfast and the location is fantastic! A very solid 3 star!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends