“A very descent hotel”

Park Lane Hotel Lahore
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Lahore
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Park Plaza is a very decent place to stay. It is stylish and the service is very good and quick. The price in comparison to other hotels in Lahore is descent and the service and the rooms are outstanding. It is worth to stay here.

Room Tip: The room at the frontside, especially the one in the corner are perfect for a stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank TA1411

Reviewed 19 April 2013

For me .. Service matters the most.. A thing which lacked the most in my trip to Park Plaza Lahore just a couple of days ago. The rooms are very much acceptable and you get all the amenities in the rooms.. tea making facility is good and I say its good because most of the 3-4 star hotels tend to avid giving the customers this facility. The bathroom was a bit congested and when I checked in I was not satisfied with the level of cleanliness in the bathroom but the next day, the house keeping guy made it up to a good level. I had buffet dinner in their ONLY restaurant "the spot" and it was just plain disappointing. Cold food, no proper replenishment, less variety and highly priced. It was a total disappointment, but the breakfast which was complimentary was way better than the dinner buffet. The staff at the restaurant was quite friendly with my infant daughter and looked after her well.
About the safety deposit box in the room, it was locked when I checked in to the room. I literally called house keeping and the reception 5 times for getting it opened for my use but to my amazement, they kept saying they are sending someone in to fix it but that "someone" never came. And not to mention the first day I had no keys to my room as the key making software was faltering and I had to call somebody from reception every time I needed my room to be opened. Over all for me it was an average experience but I must say the price I paid for the room, was quite economical.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the sides of the hotel and not the back or front. The side rooms are a bit spacious...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AtaulMunim
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The Park Plaza Lahore is the ‘budget’ option for business travellers in Lahore, and is positioned at a lower level than the Avari (very good) and the Pearl Continental (overrated, with tired rooms). On that front, it performs admirably. Rooms are large and clean (although there is an overdose of laminate flooring), well appointed (DVD player, kettle in the room) and service is prompt and polite. Bathrooms are also well appointed. There is a gym and swimming pool, and conferencing facilities. Location is also fairly central.

On the minus side, the (free) wifi is patchy in terms of speed, and the room’s general upkeep was a bit disappointing. The desk lamp in my room was not working, and there were issues with water pressure in the bathroom, which maintenance personnel were unable to resolve after multiple attempts. There was also an odd smell (possibly damp) in one of the conference rooms. Lahore culture being what it is, there was a surreal moment as our meeting was briefly interrupted by wedding guests accidentally walking in to the wrong room.

Staff is generally courteous and helpful. Check-in and check-out were both smooth. Overall, not a bad “budget” option to consider if spending a couple of days in Lahore on business.

Room Tip: Do ask for a change of room in case any of the amenities are not working. It is much easier than ask...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mansooree
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Lahore is not the French Riviera and while this is not a World Class hotel the property is acceptable in all respects. Service was more than adequate and in fact very good, meals were fresh and served with care. The room and amenities were outstanding by local standards and comfortable. The location in the center of everything as well as the feeling of security was a big plus and this is why I recommend the place.

Room Tip: Higher to avoid noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank The-GCC
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Park Plaza may try to attract you by stating its four star status and a tariff lower than Avari and Pearl Continental in lahore but don't be moved into making a mistake.
The hotel has a ghastly lobby but the staff is very helpful.
The only thing they are helpful about is to provide you a room and keep other good rooms for emergency sake.
We checked into this hotel and were given the worst room on the second floor, our friends too were not happy with their rooms .
let me describe the hotel and our room . It seemed like a shady hotel although the outer facade is impressive and the Lobby -- a little garish can be ignored. The room had a set of rough beds with hardly any moving space around them. Sheets were dirty as well as the washroom. There was a shortest table with a ricktey leg , a phone with a broken wire. A dirty jug on the side.
When we tried to draw the curtain the rod fell down. IN January the room was chilly with no heating arrangement. NO wifi worked . We could have ignore and held our breath as the stay was only for one night but could not deal with it, at all .
The wash room was even worst with a leaking tap and water flowing into the bedroom . no shower curtain , no bucket .. nothing ..
Even a sarai would have been better ..
We had told the hotel staff to change our rooms . But after 4 hrs no change was done .So Up we snappily took a decision to vacate and run to Pearl Continental where we hurriedly made bookings .

As we made the announcement to the hotel staff that we were leaving their hotel as the room was the worst they had provided to us, they suddenly started urging us to stay and that they would provide us the best room in the hotel but by then we were in no mood to stay.
When we asked them to call a taxi for us ..the staff just ignored us. Finally we took our luggage bundled up in an autorikshaw and checked in at PContinental .. Our night was saved ... :) Rashmi Talwar -- rashmitalwarno1@gmail.com

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank Rashmiii
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Spent a couple of nights at this hotel on a recent business trip. Has an enjoyable stay. Check in was quick and efficient. Room spacious and clean. Free Wi-Fi in rooms. Complimentary water and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast spread wad decent with both western and local options. Location of the hotel is also good. I would stay again and would recommend highly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Warren F
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel has same luxury feel you need and want in your rooms without being out of the way like the other 2 big named hotels in Lahore, and without the annoying endless security.
Most of all its within walking distance to MM Alam road for bustling vibrant 24 hour coffee shops and ice cream parlours and proper cafes.
Right outside the hotel you can walk across the street to ziyafat for buffet meals or to the left for the Firdous market and get a true feel of lahore with cigareete and pan shops , hairdressers, gourmet bakers, or to the righ towards the afore mentioned MM Alam road and all its offerings in terms of food and burger bars a little further up and withing 10-15 mins walk youl be near all the top designer clothing places.
Quie simply the best for LOCATION and no slouch in terms of luxury with very well appointed rooms and service levels.
Thouroughly recommended.