““I WILL RECOMMEND this property to all…see you on my next visit!””
Review of Hotel One Gulberg

Hotel One Gulberg
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Lahore
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The rooms are lovely and very clean, the food is excellent and the service from the staff is fantastic. We highly recommend your hotel for anybody that is looking for comfort, quality and great customer service. Location indoor and outdoor was fantastic Shopping mall near to hotel give true entertainment meaning Please pass on our thanks to all of your reception, restaurant and cleaning staff

Room Tip: “I can’t wait to visit again…I Hotel staff provided outstanding service from my phone call to see if...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim d

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Where to start...

----------------
- Breakfast -You have a choice of cereal with Lassi (no, not milk), or a fried egg/omelette with some stale bread/toast. I leave out the contents of the 2 silver pots serving local cuisine as this is simply not edible... unless you want to eat something that a cat coughed up, sitting in oil.
- Room service meals- The food is inedible. Burgers and sandwiches are stale, chips are yellow and powdery (cooked in old oil). The local cuisine is once again inedible - unless you like a bowl of old chip oil with phlegm. I am South African and I even I know what a chicken Mahknie is. You can't just chop up some chicken, chuck in a tin of mushroom soup and call it a Mahknie. A mahknie is red in color... creamy tomato base and generally delicious.
- The noodle bar is good. But hey, I'm not reviewing them.

-------------
- Any requests from the front desk via telephone will be ignored... regardless of how many times you call. This includes things like broken TV, AC, extra water, laundry collection etc.
- The laundry service completely destroyed much of our clothing during our stay (accidentally bleached our coloured shirts, ironed using a dirty iron (leaving permanent black marks), and then threaded a piece of string through our clothing to identify it, making holes in the process.
- Complaints in person at the front desk are met with white teeth and promises of rectification, none of which materializes

Rooms
-------------
- Stained dirty curtains, lack of towels, hard beds with poor quality bedding, seldom hot water.

We vacated this hotel half way through our planned stay due to the mounting and unbearable problems. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is that the porters and guards were very friendly and helpful and always tried their best. Management & front office had not a cooking clue.

Absolutely terrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DamianB32
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at Hotel one with my two sons of age 12 & 10 from March 19 to 21, 2014.

My reason for rating it bad...
Extra Bed = mattress only, Shower have broken glass door, For one adult and two kids (12 & 10) only one bath towel. No face towel. A/C fixed at 2:00 AM in morning.
Very untidy room, floor rug was black with dirt, curtains was never washed, with broken rings.
My booking includes the Breakfast also. Not a good place to have breakfast, table for two only, third person has to sit on separate table, extremely dirty carpet, very limited choice for breakfast. No fruits.
After all the complaints they committed to change room but after several reminders nothing happened. All of the above one of my son get sick and we requested porridge food, we requested to pack the leftover because he can not eat outside, response we got was so shocking we can give you shopping bag to pack it, after my request they send the tin foil with some outside retailer shopping bag to pack it myself. Long story short at the time of check-out, I requested for comments cards, it was not available at front desk, then that guy asked the store they don't have any.

What the hack?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Muhammad S
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I live in Glasgow UK, I recently visited Lahore and I had chosen to take a short term residence at Hotel one. The staff, facilities, and situation are outstanding. The facility is large enough to meet all my needs, but small enough for the staff to know me by name and make me feel at home. The situation on the creek means I had a beautiful outlook, somewhere to walk in the evenings, and feel I have got away from the city when at home. Close to all City amenities means we have shopping, restaurants, cinemas all within a short walk. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My Name is Irfan Aslam. I am Pakistani businessman living in London and travel a lot to Lahore for my business purposes. I love staying in Hotel One, relaxing, freindly, all staff are really helpful and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The food is always freshly prepared, hygienic and tasty. Always clean, nicely decorated, nice location emmm I would say best location MM Alam Road Wooowwwww hooooo what a place to shopping and just near Liberty Market Lahore. Trust me people TRY IT TO STAY THERE ONCE ... You will definitely recommend this hotel ... Paradise ... what a fabulous place to stay Luckily in Lahore.... Thank You Hotel One :)

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice! I have been five times and planning to return in a few weeks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IrfanAslam
Reviewed 17 January 2014

If you are in transit to some other place and have to stop in Lahore briefly, this is a very conveniently located place (not that it is close to the airport). There are a lot of good places to eat within a stone's throw.

Furniture is old, sheets are unclean, and the service is abysmal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were attracted to this hotel buy the location and value, but unfortunately we were forced to cut short our stay at Hotel One this weekend because our experience was so bad. The first room we were checked into had a cockroach wandering around the middle of the floor, stained bed lined and hairs in the bed as well all the hotel is smoking so brace yourself for some unpleasant, stale smells.

We were moved to room which was marginally better, but not by much I still had to have one of the pillows replaced because it heavily stained. At this point the on duty manager was promising to move us the 'best room' tomorrow which begs the question why we weren't moved to the mythical 'best room' after our first room was unacceptable.

Overall, this feels like the Pakistan version of a bad Travelodge - to be avoided.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business