“Luxury hotel in posh location of Lahore”
Review of Hotel One Gulberg

Hotel One Gulberg
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Lahore
New Delhi, India
“Luxury hotel in posh location of Lahore”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The star hotel is located in one of the poshest locality in Lahore: Gulberg. It is near to the shopping complexes especially Liberty, with lots of food joints-both fast food and traditional Punjabi food. The rooms are well maintained and the staff was courteous though for every request they said "it will only take two minutes" though it may take more than an hour. I am not aware of the bench mark for services but the service was very poor. The food was not good. The many hotels nearby can be tried out. The rooms were clean though and very spacious. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I go to lahore a lot for work. unfortunately we have a corporate deal with this hotel or something becuase of which we stay here all the time.

The location is the only good thing about this hotel. bed linene dirty, AC normally not wokring, Bathrooms clean but very average, breakfast is the worse I have tasted in hotel buffets.

The staff is trying their best but they dont have much resources I think. They are even short on room keys - IMAGINE!

I will aviod Hotel One if I can!

Once i discussed all this with them and after that on my next trip they offered a nicer room which was a better stay then last time.

2 Thank Waqasd777

Travellers are raving about these Lahore hotels

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The rooms are lovely and very clean, the food is excellent and the service from the staff is fantastic. We highly recommend your hotel for anybody that is looking for comfort, quality and great customer service. Location indoor and outdoor was fantastic Shopping mall near to hotel give true entertainment meaning Please pass on our thanks to all of your reception, restaurant and cleaning staff

Room Tip: “I can’t wait to visit again…I Hotel staff provided outstanding service from my phone call to see if...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim d
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Where to start...

----------------
- Breakfast -You have a choice of cereal with Lassi (no, not milk), or a fried egg/omelette with some stale bread/toast. I leave out the contents of the 2 silver pots serving local cuisine as this is simply not edible... unless you want to eat something that a cat coughed up, sitting in oil.
- Room service meals- The food is inedible. Burgers and sandwiches are stale, chips are yellow and powdery (cooked in old oil). The local cuisine is once again inedible - unless you like a bowl of old chip oil with phlegm. I am South African and I even I know what a chicken Mahknie is. You can't just chop up some chicken, chuck in a tin of mushroom soup and call it a Mahknie. A mahknie is red in color... creamy tomato base and generally delicious.
- The noodle bar is good. But hey, I'm not reviewing them.

-------------
- Any requests from the front desk via telephone will be ignored... regardless of how many times you call. This includes things like broken TV, AC, extra water, laundry collection etc.
- The laundry service completely destroyed much of our clothing during our stay (accidentally bleached our coloured shirts, ironed using a dirty iron (leaving permanent black marks), and then threaded a piece of string through our clothing to identify it, making holes in the process.
- Complaints in person at the front desk are met with white teeth and promises of rectification, none of which materializes

Rooms
-------------
- Stained dirty curtains, lack of towels, hard beds with poor quality bedding, seldom hot water.

We vacated this hotel half way through our planned stay due to the mounting and unbearable problems. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is that the porters and guards were very friendly and helpful and always tried their best. Management & front office had not a cooking clue.

Absolutely terrible.

2 Thank DamianB32
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at Hotel one with my two sons of age 12 & 10 from March 19 to 21, 2014.

My reason for rating it bad...
Extra Bed = mattress only, Shower have broken glass door, For one adult and two kids (12 & 10) only one bath towel. No face towel. A/C fixed at 2:00 AM in morning.
Very untidy room, floor rug was black with dirt, curtains was never washed, with broken rings.
My booking includes the Breakfast also. Not a good place to have breakfast, table for two only, third person has to sit on separate table, extremely dirty carpet, very limited choice for breakfast. No fruits.
After all the complaints they committed to change room but after several reminders nothing happened. All of the above one of my son get sick and we requested porridge food, we requested to pack the leftover because he can not eat outside, response we got was so shocking we can give you shopping bag to pack it, after my request they send the tin foil with some outside retailer shopping bag to pack it myself. Long story short at the time of check-out, I requested for comments cards, it was not available at front desk, then that guy asked the store they don't have any.

What the hack?

2 Thank Muhammad S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I live in Glasgow UK, I recently visited Lahore and I had chosen to take a short term residence at Hotel one. The staff, facilities, and situation are outstanding. The facility is large enough to meet all my needs, but small enough for the staff to know me by name and make me feel at home. The situation on the creek means I had a beautiful outlook, somewhere to walk in the evenings, and feel I have got away from the city when at home. Close to all City amenities means we have shopping, restaurants, cinemas all within a short walk. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My Name is Irfan Aslam. I am Pakistani businessman living in London and travel a lot to Lahore for my business purposes. I love staying in Hotel One, relaxing, freindly, all staff are really helpful and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The food is always freshly prepared, hygienic and tasty. Always clean, nicely decorated, nice location emmm I would say best location MM Alam Road Wooowwwww hooooo what a place to shopping and just near Liberty Market Lahore. Trust me people TRY IT TO STAY THERE ONCE ... You will definitely recommend this hotel ... Paradise ... what a fabulous place to stay Luckily in Lahore.... Thank You Hotel One :)

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice! I have been five times and planning to return in a few weeks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business