“Not what a westerner would expect a holiday inn to be”
Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Lahore
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Went in with the view of staying in a hotel like a holiday inn in the UK. sadly, nothing like it

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank K1ANY786

Reviewed 17 July 2011

former Holiday Inn, which is deterioating rapidely. We stayed first time in 2007 and really enjoyed, again a couple of times in 2008 and 2010, till I arrived there before yesterday. The reservation could not be found - the hotel was more or less booked out - I was upgraded to a suite in fourth floor. Not bad I thought, but the bed was hammok-like, the inerior very much worn out including a bathrope (with Holiday Inn sign on it) which was so torn, I would not even give it to my inlaws.
Breakfast was good as usual, the staff is friendly and helpful, beside the reception ctrew, who seems to have a hierarchical problem, only it needs maintenance everywhere ....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Dear General Manager
I stayed in your hotel on October 23, 2010. I was surprised to see that there were many things lacking in service.
1. Wine bucket was not available
2. The crockery provided was of a very poor quality and the spoons were provided were so old as there was fungas on the spoons.
3. The sleepers were not there and when demanded they were old and small in size.
4. Before my arrival I phoned the hotel management that 2 bathing gowns should be provided and there was only one gown.
It is very disappointing to say that I did not expect such a poor service from a brand hotel like Holiday Inn.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank manzoorelahi
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We had an executive suite room - good sized large room with separate living room.
(1) Room space - good
(2) Room service - rather slow but reliable
(3) Free broadband - though it kept cutting off
(4) Does not allow food from outside in the hotel - a ridiculous policy which if notified before would have prompted us to choose somewhere else
(5) Food in hotel 4 to 10 times more expensive than other reputable restaurants around
(6) Location is not too good - on the main road - not that secure
(7) car rental is a big problem in the city - even though we booked with the hotel, the car given to us was revolting and had to shout out way through to a refund

Overall rating: I would recommend people choose Avari hotel instead. Do not trust anyone outside the hotel - most of them seem to be very dodgy.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveller121980
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I felt as though i was back in California when i walked into this hotel. i almost forgot i was in Pakistan. I stayed here with my 2 cousin and we all had one room. So there were 3 of us in one room. We had a blast. The hotel was clean and nice gym and has a pool on roof or close enough. We used the gym everyday and also played pool everyday. The staff was very nice and helpfull. The only down side to the hotel was the location. I thought it was kind of far from some places but then agian thats just me. We even brought some company back to the hotel and kind of ran into a problem since a muslim country but the looke beyond that and let us have fun. 3 young guys just wanting to have fun.... Also they do serve alcohol to non muslims. but u must make a licence throught them and must have a foreign passport. I really enjoyed my stay and will stay there again next time.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank ca_scrappy
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and on both occassions using the Priorty Reward Points scheme. On the last occassion we stayed at this hotel the service from reception staff was particularly poor.

We arrived at the hotel quite late in the evening and after a long car journey. My children were tired and hungry and my wife and mother were exhausted. The hotel staff were unable to check us in as they did not have our reservtion. Even after presenting them with my reservation details and after using my UK mobile to call Priority Club, the hotel staff would not check us in unless we paid for our room. After much arguing and after asking for the General Manager, we were eventually checked into the rooms.

We were given family rooms which were both clean and very spacious, the rooms were large - around 120sqft. Both rooms were clean and tidy and the bathrooms were presented to a high standard.

Breakfast selection was quite good and very reasonably priced - we were able to satisfy everyones appetites, including the kids, from the selection available. As other reviewers have pointed out, the hotel is on a busy junction and in all cases you have to travel for a few minutes to get to a restaurant. Other hotels such as the Avari are better positioned. Nevertheless, it doesn't take too long to get a taxi or rickshaw.

Overall our stay was pleasent although spolied by the reception staff (well one person in particular), who tried to charge us for shelf that was already broken when we were checking out.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank InTheDark1
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I am a Priority Club Platinum Ambassador member, and chose the Holiday Inn in Lahore for 2 nights in the first week of January 2009 because of this. The alternative would probably have been the Pearl Continental. This is definitely a business hotel rather than vacation accommodation. The location is reasonably central between the old city of Lahore and the business areas, although nothing apart from a McDonalds restaurant is within walking distance.

I found the hotel to be small, but perfectly adequate for my business needs. Apparently there was a swimming pool and BBQ restaurant on the roof, but as it was winter these were closed. On the ground floor was a Cafe serving Pakistani/Continental food, and a Chinese restaurant. I ate in the cafe and found it adequate. Staff didn't hover, and prices were reasonable. Their buffet breakfast was pretty lightweight for an international chain hotel, but sufficed.

There was also a small business centre in the lobby although I did not use it.

Pricing was interesting. I booked a room at US$110++ per night, however the price quoted on my bill was at a Rupee rate that was higher than the exchange rate quoted by their cashier. I commented on this but my debate was pretty much ignored.

As I am PC Platinum I was upgraded into an executive room on the front (street side of the hotel) on the fourth floor. The room was very nicely decorated and outfitted with good amenities, robes, suit hanger, ironing board etc. Furnishings were comfortable and the bed very comfortable. I suspect it has been recently refurbished. Breakfast and internet (cabled in the room, wireless in public areas) was free. There is also an executive lounge on the fourth floor, although the snacks etc on offer were minimal and tired, and the lounge manager spoke very little English.

I needed to do business on a Sunday when everything is closed, and it can be very difficult to get a taxi, so enquired at the travel desk about renting a car and driver for the day. The price quoted was exhorbitantly high so I had the bell desk negotiate with a taxi driver and rented a taxi and driver for 8 hours for Rs 2000 (+ 10% tip), which I though was reasonable.

I also wanted to visit Food Street and found it very difficult to get a taxi. The bell staff said they would get me a car, but gave up interest after trying in vain for 5 minutes. I ended up standing on the pavement until I got an auto rickshaw for myself and paid Rs 100 one way to Food Street.

I found all the staff of the hotel to be very helpful, particularly when I came to check out and had misplaced my credit card - which they went to great lengths to help me find.

On the whole, this is not a great hotel, and has reasonably limited offerings, but what it did have I found to be sufficient, well maintained, and friendly. I would be happy to stay here again when on business.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Brett M