National Hotel Lahore
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lahore
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Amer Hotel(Lahore)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I have never seen such a nasty bed bug infestation in my life, and I live in New York.

To clarify, for those who might not realize the seriousness of bed bugs:

This is not your average bug. When I checked into the National Hotel, I saw right away that there was a serious ant problem in the bathroom but I didn't really mind. Though gross, ants are harmless.

Bed bugs are another matter.

They take weeks (if you're lucky) and usually months to get rid of. You have to bag your stuff and clean every scrap you have. Even then, it's likely you'll end up tossing a lot. They spread like wildfire.

When I was lying in bed at the National and saw five bed bugs all over the mattress, I couldn't believe how bad it was. Usually, you don't see bed bugs, only feel their bites and see their evidence. Once you see them, you have a very bad problem on your hands indeed.

When I went down to the lobby to tell them, I saw an exterminator at work in another room. The entire hotel is infested. Don't be fooled. Even if you don't see them, they will come out while you're sleeping. The hotel can't just exterminate the rooms where they've been spotted, that just drives them onto different floors!

In the end, my room was switched-- several times as I kept seeing new insects-- and my things were hosed down with a toxic spray. After this, I was asked to give a tip. Give me a break.

I am going to switch hotels as soon as it is morning.

As for the non bed-bug stuff: the pictures look nothing like the rooms. They are very dirty. The food is bad but cheap. All in all, your basic shabby hotel. Except with a SERIOUS infestation issue!

• Stayed: August 2013
17  Thank v0yageuse2
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I spent my first night in Pakistan at the National Hotel on Abbot Road and would happily have stayed longer. The room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom too, and the breakfast was simple and tasty. In other words, everything I was looking for in a good value hotel.

The hotel is located on a very typical, noisy, Lahori street, and my immediate reaction on arriving there was "crikey...!" So if you are looking for the Far Pavilions then this is not the place for you. But inside it is calm, cool and quiet, and you are fabulously close to the great sights of the city, which are all only a short rickshaw ride away.

Where they get extra points is for the flexibility, attentiveness and excellent english of the management, who did all they could to help me have a successful and enjoyable visit.

In short, I believe that the National represents excellent value for money and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank James W
Reviewed 30 January 2011

This is a decent hotel with great staff. But, they provide NO HOT WATER. Showers are ice cold in all rooms.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank TravellingMan333
Reviewed 2 January 2011

i went to this hotel on 5 december it is very awsum provides all the facilities the staff is vrery kind caring and concerned the owner himseelf is very concerned in providing good facilities the location iz awful as it is situated in the centre of the city the rooms are very clean and tidy the hotel itself is very clean and moderate will love to visit again as the food i had their was very much tempting

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank jennymirza
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I checked into a room on the 2nd floor and it had bed bugs. I was moved to a different room but was not comfortable. The National Hotel has to clean up its bed bug problem.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo