“Nice hotel, good value for money”
Review of Mirage Hotel

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Lahore
Karachi, Pakistan
“Nice hotel, good value for money”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I reserved my room few weeks in advance and stayed for only one night on 06/24/2012 at Mirage hotel. My room was not ready on my arrival and the one given to me had the AC that stopped working within few minutes. Anyway, they've moved me to another executive room than my original standard room at no extra cost to me. From there onwards, everything has been nice and my stay was pleasant. They offer complimentary breakfast as well if you go to their dining hall. They also arranged transport at additional charge when I was checking out to nearby Daewoo bus service terminal. I paid PKR 2,500 (US $27) after little bargain though I was told their original price for standard room was PKR 3,500. I checked out with satisfied guest.

Room Tip: Reserve your room in advance, ask for some discount, remind them couple of hours in advance on phone...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AsifAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Booked the Mirage Hotel Lahore online. It looked nice, simple and cheap online which was what I was looking for. Arrived on the 10th November 2011 and my heart sank. The room we were given was disgusting. The bathroom was like something out of a horror movie, it was dirty and covered in mould. The bedding was dirty and smelt. We complained and were shown another 3 rooms which were just as bad as the first. I had booked and paid for the deluxe rooms as I thought the basic room might be too basic so I'l pay a little extra.

The staff advised me that these rooms were the best in the hotel yet they looked nothing like the pictures I had seen online. I decided against staying there as I just could not bring myself to use the bathroom.

When we had arrived we were asked to pay for 6 nights which I stupidly did without seeing the rooms. After an hour we decided not to stay so trying to get a refund was the next nightmare. The manager refused to refund the payment I had made just an hour earlier saying that there was nothing wrong with the rooms we had been shown and that he would have them cleaned properly but by this point I just did not want to stay.

We got a taxi and left as the manager refused to refund any of the payment we had made. We then went and booked into the Smart Hotel in Liberty which was so much cleaner and nicer. I would never recommend for anyone to stay at the Mirage Hotel Lahore unless you want to sleep in smelly beds and use a dirty bathroom!!!!!!

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
17 Thank Samina H
miragehtl, Director of Sales at Mirage Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We will reply to your rightful concerns. I wanted to take action on this complaint personally because this simply did not sit right with us if any customer is so much frustrated and a victim of fraud! We understand that our services were no where near what you expected and therefore I will try to only focus on the payment issue because it can be considered a scam and cost few people their jobs.

After trying to convince your group to stay, the decision was made to give you a refund. We have gone over the video footage and records to see how the events unfolded. I am sure your that as customer you require your refund straight away especially when you have paid in the morning of same day.

Nov 10 – Thurs: The GM called the Bank to cancel the your Visa transaction and they responded that they will let us know by tomorrow morning. In order to keep the transaction transparent for records, an email was sent to you same afternoon notifying that the payment will be refunded and what bank said and along with apologies and asked if there were any other concerns.

Nov 11 – Fri: The bank said that they were unable to cancel as their corresponding bank had already charged to your Visa card. The hotel asked them to send the payment (it is in the form of cheque) urgently. Bank assured to send the cheque within 2 business days instead of usual 3-4 business days.

Nov 12 – Sat: Received a reply from your you stating to refund the monies and the hotel replied that it will be done asap.

Nov 16 – Wed: After several calls to the Bank, the cheque was received put into the account and the hotel paid back on Nov 17 (except 1 day charge)

If the payment was in cash, it would have been paid back right away but since the credit card payments can be cancelled by the customer, above measures were taken. The staff would have paid you in cash from hotel’s funds but since your stay was for more than 10 days in Lahore and the amount was substantial therefore, they did not make a cash payment for a transaction that has not been received by themselves.

I am sure you can understand from a staff’s point of view who makes the equivalent of this refund amount in more than 3 months and will be hesitant to make a decision to pay in cash.

Rs32400 after taking out the VISA 3% commission with a signature. Kindly see attached scanned copy of the receipt and let me know if you don’t think you have signed this receipt. We know how we will feel if we are not clarified honestly.

Best,
Lahore
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I stayed for a longer period at the hotel and got best deal down to 2200 PKR via hrs.com.
For shorter stays it was a little higher, but still worth the amount.

The staff at the reception desk is friendly (more friendly than at the desk of PC hotel) I had most of the time good internet connection via wireless (e.g. Sunfort hotel had always a problem and a guy came to your room to give you a fix IP address, but then asking for some extra ...)

Location is very interesting, since there are many restaurants and markets in walking distance.

Many TukTuk drivers do not know the way to the hotel, but if you say Arnakali Food Street, they will find it.

To assure good service and a smile, 100 PKR for the room mate and 100 PKR for the breakfast waiter is efficient, and even addint this it is best deal for your money, compared to Sunfort (near Liberty market) and PC, where I also stayed before..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Otto E
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Good hotel - great location - basically on food st and u can get any kinda food u want... famous faluda place right opposite... rooms were nice, breakfast was good and the staff were really freindly and helpful.. haggled on the price and got it down to 2200 night where as on website it said abt 3500... so do haggle!
Had WIFI as well which is a plus!

Room Tip: Haggle on the price!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TheAfridian22
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I read all the 19 out of19 reviews and was quite impressed by the good to great experiences the travellers had at this Mirage Hotel. I am originally from Lahore, lived in Gulberg-III and went to University of Engineering & Technology to study Architecture. I speak & understand Urdu & Punjabi.I am looking forward to staying at this hotel for a week. The rates are somewhat which I can afford. The location is also something I would to be close to the old part of Lahore. I am therefore forward to a nice, comfortable and safe stay here.

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Ronald_Arif
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Being Assistant Professor, I think this is a very convenient place to stay if you have to attend meetings/workshops/lectures or any other work at Punjab University.. Very affordable and calm place to me.. but there is a suggestion, Writing table should be available in every type of room..
From: Hassnain Sahir

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank HassnainSahir
Oldtown, Maryland
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Mirage Hotel management and staff was the answer to my prayers and a Blessing to me on my trip to Lahore Pakistan. I could not speak the language or understand the currency. The management and staff was very happy to assist me in communicating with the people that I need to communicate with. I did not know anyone in Lahore to accommodate me on my personal business trip. The management was very prompt in locating the professionals that I need to to assists me in accomplishing my goals in a timely manner. They provided me with good reliable and inexpensive transportation to take me to all of the places I needed to go. They are conveniently located a few blocks from the best Bazaar in Lahore where the prices are very inexpensive. The staff even accompanied me there to translate for me. They have excellent room service with a continental breakfast that is not your regular muffins and coffee, but real breakfast food. Housekeeping even washed and ironed my cloths at not extra cost. They directed me to all the necessary tools, (cellphone, money transfer, tailor, and a trusted lawyer), that I need to successfully accomplish my goals and enjoy my stay. I will always remember the clean, quite and peaceful environment with people who really cared for me as a Royal family member. I thought this would be my last trip to Lahore but I know that my next vacation will be spent @ The Mirage Hotel in Lahore, Pakistan.

NOOR