“I go every two weeks and its great however, ”
Review of Cafe Aylanto

Cafe Aylanto
Ranked #3 of 296 Restaurants in Lahore
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“I go every two weeks and its great however, ”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This is definitely lahore's best Mediterranean restaurant. However recently their standard is going down. They need to up their game.

It is pricey and ends up being Rs. 1200 per month.

2 Thank Rana U

Zurich, Switzerland
“Over rated, fast food mentality, lousy service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the original one. We have been twice to their Karachi one that opened at a new location and have been mesmerised by the location, setting and outdoor ambience. Food is excellent in Karachi, knowledge of service staff could be improved. BUT Lahore was disaster. We were six adults and two kids. We got a decent table just by the entrance.

Unfortunately, this area is out of sight of the supervisors who stand behind the cash register and not budge, so we were dependent on the servers of the area. They are poorly trained. Food did not come for all together. Starters we could manage as we shared family style so if a couple came later, it was not a big deal, except some of us had had more of the early arrival and were struggling to have the later ones.

Out of six main courses that were ordered, they arrived at intervals of five minutes, so that the last one to make it was ten minutes after the first was served! Casual behaviour to put it mildly.

At the end of it, I had had enough of it. We skipped desserts or any beverage. I went to the cash register, saw two hulky suited managers standing there, gazing away. I asked for the check, and complained bitterly at the poor service. The person who I thought was the manager, just looked at the cash register and ignored what I had to say. After a good few minutes I sat down at an empty table. Precisely ten minutes passed by and I enquired if the dinner was on the house, as the service was atrocious. Prompt reply, "Sorry, our system is not working so we are creating your check manually!" After another five minutes I got a scrap of paper with numbers, but everything else was illegible.

Left without a tip. Not a squeak, nor even remorse. They seemed to be happy we were out of there. We were very unhappy we ruined a great evening. We hope their Karachi branch doesn't follow suit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mypace
Toronto, Canada
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went here about three times for dinner and it was truly excellent. In fact, I may have preferred this to the Karachi location but only slightly. The charred calamari appetizer was fresh and delicious, and the mains and desserts were excellent too.

Visited December 2013
Darwin, Australia
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just had lunch at this restaurant and not as good as what I had been led to believe. Service was very good but found the atmosphere a bit 'sterile '.Had Calamari for entree and it was quite possibly the worst I've ever had, pizza for main course was good.My wife had lamb chops followed by creme brulle and was pleased with her choice. Price was a bit on the high side, Have now eaten in a few Lahore restaurants and this was not good value for money compared to others. Probably will not return again.

• Visited May 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My family took me Aylanto because they assumed the atmosphere suited me. Well it did. I am glad my family brought me here. Its a nice, classy place with great food. Everything is clean/well maintained and I highly recommend this place to those who are looking for a nice elegant place with great food.

Visited October 2013