“Seriously Unattractive Attraction”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Seriously Unattractive Attraction”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Ok first, lets get this clear that this is not an attraction. It is a classic example of how public universities are poorly funded and hundreds of acres of dusty deserted land is pretending to be a university. Seriously, this is not a tourist attraction. I have had the unfortunate luck to have been here once. Not again. Ever. Not recommended for a visit by anyone.

Visited April 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Karachi's Crown”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I guess, everyone sees what s/he is looking for and I remember the great library, with its monumental collection of books at the KU. I did an MA in English Literature, as a regular student, in 1992/3. I remember all my teachers and wish the very best for them. My favorite professor passed away(Dr. Kalim Siddiqui?), but left me with treasure chests of memories that are worth even more. I remember Prof. Rafat Karim, Prof. Masood, Prof. Syeda, Prof. Lubna/ Farzana and several others and I heartily thank them all for the kind patience and perseverance, with which they bore with my several weaknesses and disabilities and helped me achieve and ascend the stepping stone for all I've done since. An MA at KU was immediately followed by another, from the University at Rochester, NY and the last one, which I did from the University at Buffalo, NY. May Allah help my fellows and those who follow achieve higher rates of success and honor that the KU prepares and polishes us for!

Visited March 2013
Karachi
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“in a bad bad bad condition !”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

i was immensely disappointed when i last went there. just check out the entrance ! all blocked with motorbikes, and auto rickshaws ! all sandy ! the benches there ! as if no one is in-charge there to look after all these things ! and then the staff rooms there ! a MESS ! the doors are half a century old and worn out ! the grass there, burnt at certain spots ! The only thing that satisfied me there was the construction of new classrooms and that the other classrooms looked fine to me. i can't tell more about the teachers and other things because i am not a regular student there, but let me say that who ever will visit the place, certainly would not like it ! i don't know who's the administration in-charge and what he/she is doing ! very dis-appointed !

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Femme K
Sukkur, Pakistan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Farhan Welcome To Univercity Of Karachi”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Karachi Univercity Is Best Of Our Univercities Of Sindh Karachi Univercities Is One Number Of Sindh And Exellent Education Full Facility

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Farhan A
Karachi, Pakistan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not a place that I would want to go for study.”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Not somewhere I would like to study. Too less greenery and too many stories. The place really needs a lot of work.

5 Thank Sonia_Kanwal