“Absolutely the worst massage ever”
Review of Lotus Spa

Lotus Spa
Perth, Australia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Absolutely the worst massage ever”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This place is dirty , my wife's masseur was texting on her phone while massaging, I was just covered in oil, the shower was offensive. There are plenty of nice places to go in luang prabang, just don't go here.

Visited November 2013

London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Foot massage? Just don't...”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Lotus does not deliver if you are looking for an attentive, good value, good quality massage.

Visited at 8pm and paid for a one-hour foot massage. Massage was closer to 40-45 minutes. Feet were washed in cold water, then randomly and inconsistently rubbed (i.e., one foot received preferential treatment for some reason). Masseuses are not trained in any recognisable technique and spent more time gossiping with each other and taking private calls. For example, my masseuse paused my massage whilst he took a call, eventually continuing lazily (with one hand, as the other was holding his mobile).

The end result was no relaxation, just a waste of money and a seat in a deck chair where I had the pleasure of being sneezed on whilst fending off multitudes of mosquitoes.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Possibly the worst massage ever”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Disinterested staff, bad attitude, rude, texting/calling while "massaging" and thats just the customer service.
The actual masseurs appeared to lack any basic training and only did 45 mins of a 1 hour massage.
One to miss.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mikeelikeschiani
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Painful and short, terrible staff”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My travel buddy and I came her for a massage one evening because it was in the lonely planet guide and near our hotel. I asked for a one hour traditional Lao massage and she asked for a head and neck massage. The guy motioned for us to go around the corner, which we did. There were stairs and a hallway. Okayyy, so we turn around, looking confused and ask him where to go. He looks confused, makes us wait a minute, then we follow him upstairs. He tosses me a set of clothes, points to a room, and tells me to change. I come out of the room and wait for further instructions. After a few minutes, he comes back up the stairs and motions for me to lie down. He rubs his hands and says "okay man massage?". This kid is stick thin, clearly not into women, and I'd only had Thai massages from females before, so I figured why not? My friend also had a boy give her massage. I see him start at her feet, and she stops him and points to her head and shoulders. He apologizes but continues to give the full body massage.

At this point, I'm not super impressed with their service or attitude, but i didnt hate it enough to give one star. then there was the massage. Maybe it was because i was used to female thai masseuses, but this was the absolute worst massage I have ever received, by a long shot. And my friend would say the same. She timed it at 46 minutes, and we asked for an hour. I was sore for days and she had a bruise on her arm from her guy. I was pinched and given an Indian rug burn and generally just slapped around instead of given a proper massage. I've had plenty of Thai and oil massages, and I don't mind the pressure, but this was awful and had no rhythm or flow.

To top it all off, they charged me 50,000 kip for the traditional massage and 60,000 kip for her head and neck massage. now we knew it was 10,000 more for the head and neck (why, you ask? we asked, too, and didnt get an answer), but she was given a full body lao massage! and it was only 45 minutes! We went to the night market afterward and seriously couldn't buy anything because we were so pissed off and uncomfortable. Please don't give them your business. I'm sure some of the staff is fine, but these two boys were distracted and hurried and just all around not meant for the service industry! Oh, and when we walked out, my friend voiced her dislike for the massage to the woman behind the counter, who then mumbled something under her breath. My friend said, "excuse me?, and the lady waved her hand and muttered "I was talking to him". This was a month ago and I'm still steaming.

Visited July 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a joke”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was with out a doubt the worst massage spa, or what you can call this place, i have ever tried! There was no one to greet us at the entrance, they were all playing cards. On to the massage... Here the imployee was more interrested in taking private phonecalls and just left me to talk on the phone, i left after 10 minutes, and they didnt care, not even tried to talk to me.

Visited June 2013