We had this booked through our agent and were a bit worried when we saw the reviews. However, when we got here, things were not all bad. The rooms are dark. There does seem to have been extra lighting installed, but if you want the more traditional boutique look, then dark wood is the go. You are in a great location, walk to everything, but also hear everything. Road traffic, foot traffic, monks praying and drums and gongs going at 4 in the morning. It does stop and there is quiet between 11 and 4. The breakfast is okay on the first day but you are over it by the second. There are 3 options and that is all. Even with the pretty china service this is average. I suspect they are very limited by the size or lack of kitchen. The rooms are well serviced although the boards in the floor have shifted and large gaps are filled with 'dust'. There is no safe in the rooms but we put our passports in the safe in the office. It was placed in an envelope, stapled, taped and then we signed over the join. I feel pretty confident that they are safe although we had to carry all our other stuff around every where we went which was slightly annoying. They shower is great. The bed is hard but the view of the river from our balcony was terrific. If you want boutique, give it a go, if you want slick international rooms, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated under the new management, Burasari Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chang Hotel Luang Prabang
- Chang Hotel Luang Prabang