“Quiet, Friendly, Clean, Lovely”

Le Bel Air Boutique Resort
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Not much to add to the stellar reviews already posted. I had a very nice room with a lovely view of the river and bridge to the town.5-10 minute drive to the airport; it's an easy walk to the night market, and bikes are freely available. The staff helped me rent a motor scooter for the day and gave me good directions out to the waterfall. The staff, without exception, were friendly and eager to engage. Breakfast was good, not great, but the coffee was excellent, which is all I really need. My only regret was that I had only 1 night to stay there. I shall return.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 302. Very nice, though can't say it was any better or worse than other rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear rbrech,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your kind words and all the best to you on your travels.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed here for three nights last month and must say it was a highlight of my trip in Southeast Asia! The staff if very friendly and extremely helpful! A special thanks to the general manager, Jean Paul Sara. From the moment we arrived he greeted us and offered suggestions! Every morning he inquired if everything was ok and offered us even more suggestions! There were five of us in my party and we all agree that our stay here was the best in our one month excursion of Asia! So happy I found this place online!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the second floor overlooking the river!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear ECMOrlando_Florida,

Thank you for your very kind review of Le Bel Air. And thank you for the personal mention. It is very much appreciated. As you say, I have many suggestions about what to do in and round Luang Prabang for almost any particular interest. Most of our guests stay on average 3-4 nights and I do my best to locate, organize, and personalize if possible the things guests really wish to experience. It's not always easy to meet every whim and desire but I do enjoy the challenge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and to serve you. I wish you all the best of health and happiness on you adventures.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This unique hotel is situated just over the walking bridge in Luang Prabang, making it 10 minutes walk to the town centre. Beautiful clean spacious room, large windows in our room overlooked the Nam Khan river and the manicured lawn area with palm trees. Very private setting. There are screen doors on the balcony side and a quiet ceiling fan, also air conditioning. Lots of good quality pillows. Room service and excellent breakfast selection in the morning.All the staff are very helpful.
If you are there to enjoy luxury, then this is the place.
However, if you wish to help the children of Laos, the Manager, Jean Paul or Mr Oung will assist you in what to purchase and how to distribute to the village children.
We distributed a variety of educational books and supplies to an Orphanage school and remote villages. Hope they found Wally in the "Where's Wally" books.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael P,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind and warm review. It was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. Regarding your trip to the countryside to distribute books and supplies to villages, it was a tremendously generous and caring gesture of you to make, and I am certain you have impacted those areas in positive ways. Good on you. If ever guests wish to make contact with remote villages and experience life in such areas we can offer many suggestions about how to do it, from donating as you did, to over-night stays, day trips hiking to villages, etc. There is a whole other world to discover out there. Just let me know how you would like to do it and I will make it happen. Thank you again for your review. All the very best to you on your travels.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We spent three nights there in late October and absolutely loved it. We hade been upgraded for free from a deluxe room to a bungalow, and that was spacious, with a high vaulted ceiling and a separate small room for wardrobe and minibar, and beautifully decorated. The bathroom had high quality modern fittings and a very modern clean look. The view from the balcony was through the gardens down to the river. It was quiet apart from the cockerel and some clutter of crockery from the neighbouring hotel in the morning.
The hotel is located outside the town, but there is a free shuttle bus, although we never used it. We tended to either cross the old bridge on foot and pick up a tucktuck for 20000 kip (around £ 1.70) on the other side to take us into town or use the free bikes.
The staff is very friendly and the management tries very hard to please, although the waiters speak very little English, and while my lunch arrived promptly, it turned out after we waited 20 minutes in vain that my husband's got lost in the system and we had to reorder it. But apart from this one slip our experience there was all round positive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ChristianeMScotland,

Thank you for staying with us and for your very kind review of Le Bel Air. It is rather generous, in fact, now that your restaurant experience has come to my attention. I very much apologize for the inconvenience and I am very pleased to hear it was not enough of a problem to affect your overall impression of Le Bel Air. It really was very nice to meet you and to serve you. It is always such a pleasure to meet guests such as yourselves. Probably the best thing about my job. I promise to keep up my efforts to please our guests in any way I can and I assure you such restaurant mishaps will disappear. Thank you again and all the best to you on your travels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had a nice stay at Le Bel Air in October. The hotel is just across the river from town which makes it quieter and peaceful, but in very close proximity to town, particularly if you use the bicycles which are available free of charge. Rooms were comfortable and nicely decorated. The open air restaurant was very nice and served good food. The manager is able to provide good advice on things to do, particularly some that might not normally be included in the regular list of activities. We visited two beautiful waterfalls using a good tuk tuk the hotel arranged, and followed their advice on seeing the morning alms collection in a more authentic manner. Overall a good option for accomodation in the lovely town of Luang Prabang.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear RobbNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. It was nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. Yes, as you say, I do my best to offer guests alternative ways to see Luang Prabang that are off the beaten track. I have lived in LP for six years and in that time have learned of all kinds of things you will not find advertised. It's my pleasure to suggest these to our guests and it is very interesting and often satisfying to get their feedback. Thank you again for your kind words. I wish you the very best of health and good times on your travels.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Le Bel Air Boutique Resort is a cute little oasis located in Luang Prabang, and we stayed here for a few nights a while back. The beautiful nature surrounding it really helped me relax and enjoy my time, and the amazingly friendly staff also made us feel highly welcomed. The restaurant here serves really good food, and the shuttle bus service was very practical and helpful. The room we had was very comfortable and it had some very nice decorations. Overall, this hotel was absolutely lovely, and I strongly recommend it to everyone visiting this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear EdmundUFrench...,

Thank you for staying with us and for your very kind review of Le Bel Air. As you say our surroundings and general location offer more quiet and relaxation than most hotels in town. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our offerings and thank you for the recommendations. Thank you again for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. All the best to you on your adventures.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Made a booking for this resort via Asia Travel for 3 days starting 3rd November,but the greeter at the airport,Jean Paul,didn't have our name on his list for a pick up.
He still transferred us to the resort while he looked into why he had no booking for us on his system.
Seems the agent had ignored the hotel full communications and accepted our money and even sent us a confirmation email.
I was pretty annoyed,as it was getting late,and we were in a strange country,but Jean Paul was so helpful,sat us down at the bar and gave us free drinks and snacks while he sorted it out.As the hotel was full he managed to find us a nice boutique hotel down on the river,at a discounted rate,and even transferred us there via the hotel minivan.
From what we saw the resort looked nice,with lots of happy guests around.
The 4 stars in the review is for the excellent service given by jean paul from guest relations....he even gave me his private mobile number if we had any other problems.
Now to try to get my money back.......

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Poompul,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences with the world. What took place was a fine example of what can happen to guests when communication between travel companies and hotels is not perfectly clear. I really felt for you guys that night. However I must say I thought you were very understanding and patient. For this I can not thank you enough. I did my very best to arrange the most suitable accommodation and take care of you while you were with us. I really wish I could have done more. Thank you again for your comments. I hope where ever you are these days you are having a truly great time.

Bests regards,