“Beautiful, relaxing hotel outside of town”

Le Bel Air Boutique Resort
Ranked #20 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful, relaxing hotel outside of town”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at Le Bel Air for three nights and really enjoyed our stay. Great price for the high quality. It is boutique and beautiful, and a nice little getaway from town. Very nice property, overlooking the river and the old bridge. It's not a far walk to town, but I would caution you that it can feel far during the hot season! We opted for the free hotel shuttle (super convenient) and taking tuk tuks (very easy and cheap) instead.

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable; I loved all of the teak wood. AC and mosquito nets are included, as well as a safe, mini fridge, fruit, and replenished bottled water. Breakfast options are perfectly fine. We were really pleased by the excellent service throughout our stay. Jean Paul and the staff were all so kind and helpful. The little touches were much appreciated, like free airport pickup and drop off, or dropping us off downtown one night even though the shuttle wasn't running. I also really liked that Le Bel Air offers a 5:30 am shuttle to witness the alms giving downtown, and the shuttle actually stays with you for 30 minutes and then takes you back.

Overall, a very relaxing trip. We have no complaints. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear gkincaid,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. It was great to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. Your review is an accurate picture of what future guests may expect from a stay with us. It is very helpful and much appreciated. I am pleased to hear you found everything to your satisfaction. From everyone at Le Bel Air we would like to thank you for staying with us and we wish you all the very best on your travels.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While LBA offers deluxe rooms, we stayed in one of the beautiful teak bungalows that sit amidst banana, palm and jack-fruit trees. Ours was tastefully and traditionally designed with beautiful furnishings, high ceilings as well as a/c, fridge, flat-screen TV, and a balcony overlooking the grounds on the riverbank. It certainly feels like a very high-end resort, so it is excellent value. They also offer free airport pick-up and drop-off.
Staff were wonderful and helpful and the b'fast buffet was ample and tasty.
This is a little out of town, but since LP is not too big to start with you're never more than a 15 minute walk from most places. (Bamboo bridge is a wonderful short-cut!) And LBA offers regular shuttles into the centre if you want, or the use of bicycles. You can't lose!

Room Tip: Get a bungalow! It's worth it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear KayEnnKay,

Thank you for staying with us at Le Bel Air and for posting such a nice review for the online community. It was great to meet you and to get to chat a bit each day. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If ever you happen to be in the LP area again please do drop by and say hi. It will be good to see you. All the very best to you on your travels.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Situated slightly out of town (10 minutes walk across the bamboo bridge or a 5 minute cycle with free bikes from the hotel). Room was classic in style, all teak floors and furniture and included a fridge and aircon. Staff were friendly, good breakfast choice in the open air restaurant overlooking the river. JP (manager) was helpful in pointing out local places to go and eat.
Don't be afraid to get on the complimentary bikes - there's so little traffic in Luang Prabang, its pretty flat and so much quicker to get around, even in the heat (after a few Beer Lao!)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Holiday_on_Ale,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing with the TA community your experiences at Le Bel Air. I love your TA name. It was very nice to meet you and have a chance to serve you. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again. Where ever you happen to be these days I hope your days are filled with good sun and good times.

Best regards,

Sunapee, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our family of 6 ranging in age from 10 to 80 loved LaBel. Starting with the hotel pick-up at the airport (no haggling with cab drivers in a foreign country) to the moment we left 3 days later, we all felt so comfortable and relaxed. Service was excellent, the rooms very comfortable and immaculate, good food and good room service--La Bel has it all. We loved the open air dining room and the grounds are beautiful--situated along the river bank it even has an open-air fitness center that is minimal but adequate.
Each morning during the ample breakfast buffet, Manager Jean Paul visits each table to chat with the guests. If there is a question or concern, he is right on it. Our only regret--Luang Parang is so far from home.

Room Tip: No swimming pool but cant undo mark.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Jill M,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a kind review of Le Bel Air. It was very nice to meet you and everyone in your group. And thank you for the personal mention. It is much appreciated. Yes, I make it my business to take care of guests personally and as often as time will allow. No matter what the concern or request I provide speedy and friendly service so guests can maximize their time having fun. I care about all guests in Luang Prabang not only our guests. Anytime I encounter a traveler it is an opportunity to help people and get to know them a little. This approach to my work and life helps my performance a great deal. I assure all future guests this is the very least they can expect from me. Thank you again for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. I hope you are having a great time where ever you are and that your days are filled with fun in the sun. All the best.

Beaulieu, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel situated by the Nam Khan a tributary of the Mekong, is so very peaceful with excellent caring and helpful staff.
The food was delicious and very good value ( breakfast included ). A shuttle service runs every two hours down into the town with pick up if required.There is also free pick up and return to the local airport.
Accommodation is in a pleasant traditional style with air conditioning.Great as it was very hot when we were there mid April.
The garden is absolutely lovely with coconut palms and all kinds of what we know as house plants growing outdoors.
An ideal location.

Room Tip: The individual bungalows are the best location within the grounds.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bruce M,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing with the TA community your experience at Le Bel Air. It was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. I agree our garden is one of our best features. We are one of the only hotels in Luang Prabang that has a large space in a quiet setting. We are not on a busy road nor cramped next to other hotels and businesses. As lovely as the town is guests tell me they very much enjoy retreating back to Le Bel Air from the bustle of town to enjoy true relaxation. Thank you again for your very kind review. Where ever you happen to be these days we would like to wish you the very best of health, happiness, and good times on your travels.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am writing this as I sit in the bar / dining area of Le Bel Air looking over the Nam Khan.

I am a big fan of this place. The rooms are great; very comfortable, clean and with good facilities. The breakfast is pretty good considering what I have had elsewhere. The staff also seem nice. It is also a quiet location that allows good sleep.

It's a bit outside of town but a not a bad walk in (maybe 15 minutes) and there are bicycles available to take out (which I did today). The hotel runs some regular shuttles running into town proper. The included airport pick up was also good.

The Manager, Jean Paul, made sure that any information that was needed was available. His description of wanting to do something that gives back to the community here is important (to me anyway).

I think it is good value for money - I have had to extend my stay in LP and had no hesitation to stay in the same place. The only thing that seems odd is when I asked front desk for the price of extending it was different from the price TripAdvisor gave me. Check through the booking.com and agoda.com first.

Would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear tour_contact,

Thank you for staying with us at Le Bel Air and for posting a very kind review. And thank you for the personal mention. It is much appreciated. Regarding our rates, it is important for all low season travelers to compare rates. Le Bel Air has a 'Stay 3 Pay 2' promotion now until September 30th and I believe this is the best package being offered by any hotel in LP. I would advise all guests to do some research and see. I think the best way to book with us is through our website at www.lebelairhotels.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with the online community. It was great to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. I wish you the very best of health, happiness, and good times on your travels.

Warmest regards,

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you’re looking for a luxury hotel experience at a mid-range price, this is a great spot for the money. The property is beautiful, lush and offers lounge furniture, a restaurant/bar and outdoor exercise facility all situated right on the river. The rooms rival that of 5-star hotels with modern furniture, bathroom and a super comfortable bed & soft linens. The hotel’s staff and manager (hello, Jean Paul) go out of their way to make sure you’re enjoying your stay. Jean Paul personally recommended some off-the-beaten-path excursions for us and helped coordinate logistics. The complimentary breakfast is a full blown buffet ranging from Western to Asian fare. The location may not be on the main street, but is a short bike ride across the bridge – and bikes are complimentary at Le Bel Air. A 30-something “flashpacker” couple, this was a great value splurge for us in the romantic city of Luang Prabang.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelingTings,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a very kind review. And thanks for the personal mention. (Hello!) It is much appreciated. Regarding our value, I spend a great deal of time comparing rates and what other LP hotels are offering and I am confident that if guests take some extra time to research they too will agree Le Bel Air is offering the best possible package overall. Between our garden setting just out of the center of town, to our attentive and personal service, to our great restaurant and bar, I think it is difficult to find a better offer than ours. And with our stay 3 pay 2 promotion for low season (now until September 30th) guests can save even more on their travels. Thank you again. We wish you the very best of health and happiness on your adventures.