“A nice change of pace in Luang Prabang”

L'Elephant Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 202 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: French, European, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lynnwood, WA
“A nice change of pace in Luang Prabang”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were in Luang Prabang for 5 days and our 4th night we went here. It was a great change of pace and a tasty meal.
I am all for eating locally, but sometimes, it is nice to have something "else"
We were a large group, and the servers checked back a couple of time to make sure our orders were accurate, which I appreciate!
We had a set menu. My chicken was a bit dry, but the pork and fish that i tasted were yummy. The wine list was ok...also nice b/c much of the week we had some pretty bad wine.

I would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“One of the Best in Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We really enjoyed coming to the Elephant restaurant. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was very good Laotian dishes. There was a good wine selection as well. I had been there once before and remembered it immediately upon entering the restaurant. It is one not to forget. During the season reservations are a must!

Buderim, Australia
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and I visited L'Elephant at the end of October and found the food of a high standard though nothing to rave about. What rankled though was the restaurant's interpretation of what a glass means. We decided on a four glass pichet which turned out to be an earthenware jug not a glass carafe as we had experienced at other French restaurants in Lao. I thought what the waiter poured was a 'tasting' but it turned out to be their idea of a glass. At the price charged it was a very expensive mistake. Buying by the bottle is by far the better choice but be prepared to pay premium prices for so so South American wines.

• Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“pretentious and overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Arrogant service - that's saying something for Laos - and overpriced. Meowing cat on the patio, for me not a sign of a clean place. Don't waste your time OR money. So many more deserving restaurants in LP

Atlanta, GA
“Best French meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

My travel companion wasn't feeling well so I ended up going to L'Elephant alone. This was unpretentious fine dining at its best. My waiter spoke amazing English and explained the menu beautifully. I kept it really simple with a bottle of San Pellegrino, fresh green salad, and the best cooked duck breast I have ever had. It was the most expensive meal I had in Luang Prabang but it was worth the whole $25 spent. Highly recommend you treat yourself to an amazing dinner at L'Elephant.