“Poor customer service”
Review of Villa Laodeum

Villa Laodeum
Ranked #51 of 271 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel in June 2013 with some friends. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped and the location is very good. However, security in this hotel is very poor and I would not recommend staying here. Keys to all rooms are kept just inside the front door, with easy access for anyone who might be passing by. On the second night of our stay, we went out for dinner. When I returned to my room, I found that someone had entered my bedroom and the bathroom was filthy as a result. When I made a complaint the following morning, we were treated in a terrible manner. I was told that nobody had been in the room and that I was a liar. We were then told that we had to remove our belongings and leave. We were also treathened with the police. All this because I complained that somebody had come in my room! Also, we gave in some laundry to be cleaned. It came back dirty and I was still expected to pay full price for it. When I said that I did not find the service acceptable, I was told that the weight of my laundry was actually double what I had paid for, and therefore I was getting a 'good deal'. The way that we were treated was unllike anything I have experienced elsewhere in Laos. I would not return to the accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Great hotel. The rooms are small but great for vacation because if you're in a place as beautiful as Laos you shouldn't be spending much time in your room. The room is simple. Bed, small desk with a stool, and bathroom/shower combo. If you get up around 6 am and sit downstairs, you can see the monks doing their morning alms. It's nicer here because it's quiet and you can really appreciate it. If you go to the main street there are tourist everywhere who get right in the monks faces to take their pictures. You can see the flashes all the way down the street. The hotels location is great. It's at the entrance to the night market but not blocked by it. Breakfast is simple but filling. I had an egg sandwich with fruit some mornings and french toast other days. Staff is friendly. They took care of our laundry for about $2/kg and helped us rent a scooter for the day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Only 7 rooms, small, simple and comfortable.
Staff friendly and happy to share insights into Laotian life.
Breakfast/sitting area is peaceful & pleasant, limited food selection but sufficient and fresh. Wonderful central location.
Would definitely recommend this boutique hotel - we enjoyed 6 very special days in Luang Prabang.
Please show respect to the Monks and the Laotian people, we feel very privileged to have visited this beautiful place.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on 1st floor - larger, brighter & better bathrooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We loved our stay at Villa Laodeum and kept extending our time there! The staff were friendly and very accommodating with our requests, the location is very central and close to the Mekong river, and the breakfast is nice. The rooms are a little small but very clean with air-con, cable TV and wi-fi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We are group of friends stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It's a small hotel but nice, clean & it has very good location. Just 2 minutes to Mekong River & another 2 minutes to Luang Prabang night market where you can buy many traditional products of Laos & enjoy local foods.
Its staffs are nice too, they are helpful & lovely.
Brakfast is very basic but not too bad.
I will stay this hotel again & highly recommend to people who wanna go to Luang Prabang.

Room Tip: Try sticky rice with BBQ chicken at night market Try foot massage at Mekong spa Rent a bike &...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The staff at this hotel were extremely accommodating and helpful. The location is close to many fine restaurants and is within walking distance of all sites in the old part of the city. Our room was a bit small, but it was very clean. The morning alms procession goes right by the front of the hotel and the throngs of tourist who are bused into town are a long ways from here so it is more peaceful and reverent. The breakfast was pretty basic, but there were several options.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed at Villa Laodeum for three nights. It is not a big guesthouse, with about ten or so guest rooms but the rooms were big, clean and tidy. There are a lot of restaurants/shops nearby and the royal palace is just across the road.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo