“Great place for delicious food!”

Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western
Ranked #43 of 208 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Description: Welcome at Restaurant 'The House' in Luang Prabang. Are Lao Chiefs welcome you. Our menu has a lot of traditional Lao dishes and also Western food. See the update menu, see you at "The House" restaurant. We have for you a selection of 21 Belgian beers in the fridge..
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Great place for delicious food! We ate pizza, lasagna and local food and was delicious. is The staff is friendly!
Also for the belgium beer this is the place to be.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We arrived in Luang Prabang after beeing on the road for more than 40 days of travelling. When we heard about a Belgian restauarant serving Belgian food we had to go and take a look.

My friend had the beef stew while I enjoyed the meatballs. It was great to have these tastes of home after living on rice and noodles for more than a month. We couldn't resist ordering one of theBelgian beers. Naturally, the price is higher than the local Lao Beer due to transport and taxes, but still a welcome change.

We stayed until closing time talking to the owner who listened to our stories and told some of his own. Too bad there is curfew in Lao, or we would probably still be sitting there.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a lovely place to unwind over cold beer and their house stew, made with Belgian beer. The owner is fantastic, the staff are great, the food is awesome and the beer very, very cold. Top spot.

1  Thank Stuey B
Reviewed 29 October 2013

was really tired from traveling by the time I got to the place. I got there really late and found that they were closing. even though the staff were tidying up , the owner kindly welcomed me in, pulled up a stool to the counter and served me a really good Belgian beer. Had a nice chat and had another beer, very warm and friendly and great service. the owner is a good guy !

1  Thank Tigerhoncho
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The food at The House is good quality, presented to perfection by staff that are very efficient and friendly. With tables dotted around amongst encroaching foliage and under soft lighting the atmosphere is really pleasant. This combination makes for a very pleasurable dining experience, and whilst the prices are quite high end, the quality justifies the expense.

With that said, my only gripe is the menu system, which consists of fairly basic add ons. A lot of items are priced fairly oddly. I can't remember specific examples, but I remember a lot of 66,000's or 52,000's here and there. It's not a major issue but surely it would be simpler to round everything to the nearest 5,000. Lao currency is odd enough without further obscurity. I also think with a place like this the ketchup and mayo should just be included. I mean 6,000 (give or take) for a pot of ketchup? homemade or not is just a bit silly when you're ordering a burger, adding on fries and then yes I will obviously want some ketchup.. so just add on another few thousand.

Nevertheless, the owner is very pleasant and the Belgian beer is a real treat in this part of the world and very much worth treating yourself to.

1  Thank TomBaul