“Most finest beef!!”

Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western
Ranked #40 of 227 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dear Guest and Friends, Restaurant The House shall be CLOSE from 15 April 2018, after a 12 year hard work. Time for a new adventure, thanks for the trust and happiness in my live. Regards Robin
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Best beef (order the beef stew!) we had in our total trip through S-E Asia! Home made french fries and mayonaise were also delicious! If you like beef, don't look futher, go here!!

1  Thank CELonink
winrobin, Owner at Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Thank you to love my beef stew !

Reviewed 16 May 2014

When I took a tuk-tuk from the busstation to the city center, I saw a sticker which mentioned "stoofvlees".
Normally when travelling Asia, I try to avoid the western cuisine, because in general it is more expensive and the quality is below average, but after reading some reviews, I decided to give it a try! Especially for the Belgium beers!

The first thing I noticed was the very polite and well mannered local staff. After having some delicious bruchettas, I decided to order the in Belgium (and some parts of the Netherlands) world-famous french fries with "stoofvlees". It was just delicious, even in the Netherlands, restaurants are not able make it this way. Even some guys from Belgium I met in the guesthouse, told me that this was the "real thing" and that it tasted as it should.

The owner is a very friendly guy, who came to make a chat after we finished our diner, when we were enjoying our Belgium beers.

The price is somewhat high in this restaurant, but I can understand, because the beers have to be imported (and probably some food to). So if you have some money left to spend, or not on a budget, I would definitely recommend this place!

winrobin, Manager at Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Thank you !

Reviewed 8 May 2014

it was one of the best restaurnts we had eaten in on our 17 day trip of northern thailand laos and cambodia, last month

1  Thank natureguy2

Thank you !

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the place with my girlfriend. We ordered the beef stew, bruschetta and lasagna. The stew and the lasagna were very good and the bruschetta was ok.
The service was also very good.

1  Thank shushi_ve_guli

Thank You !

Reviewed 26 April 2014

After days of eating local Laos food this place had wonderful authentic 'Western' alternatives.
The staff were impeccably dressed and were obviously happy in their job. They were trained well and were so attentive to the customers.
The Owner Manager was also very visible to his guests and happy to chat with people.
The menu had local food but great other choices that tasted just as the sounded which is not always the case.

2  Thank Arandee