“Delicious”

Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western
Ranked #43 of 201 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome at Restaurant 'The House' in Luang Prabang. Are Lao Chiefs welcome you. Our menu has a lot of traditional Lao dishes and also Western food. See the update menu, see you at "The House" restaurant. We have for you a selection of 21 Belgian beers in the fridge..
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
“Delicious”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We really wantes to go to this restaurant. First we couldn't find it. Google maps told us that it's on the street corner across the Aussie Bar. But this isn't true. Luckily we found this restaurant, but then it was closed. This was on a Sunday.
Because we really wanted to eat here we came back on a Wednesday. We just wanted to eat something from home ( belgium and holland are not so different).
The food was really good. I had the Belgium Stew and my girlfriend the cordon blue. There were no fries with the stew, so we had ordered them later. The stew was really good and the cordon blue as well. The cordon blue is very large, so if you are hungry this is the dish for you.
We expected Belgium fries with our food. The fries that we got weren't the Belgium fries that we know. They were still good though.
For Lao standards the prices are a bit expensive. This was are most expensive dinner during our holliday. Still $13 per person isn't the price that you would pay back home for this lovely dinner.

winrobin, Manager at Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western, responded to this review, 29 October 2014

Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Not Memorable, Almost "Poor"”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I decided to give The House an "Average" rating instead of "Poor" in case they were just having an off night. Though, the overpriced menu is certain to be a constant. I had schnitzel. It was average and came with a miniscule salad. From the best of my recollection, a side of mashed potatoes was about $2.50. I was hoping the meal would be redeemed by the chocolate cake and ice cream (also over priced). Usually, if I pay that much for a desert, I'll finish it. But the quality of the cake was so poor, it was better left on the plate.

• Visited April 2014
winrobin, Owner at Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Sorry, next time no problems
Arnhem, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most finest beef!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Best beef (order the beef stew!) we had in our total trip through S-E Asia! Home made french fries and mayonaise were also delicious! If you like beef, don't look futher, go here!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CELonink
Thank you to love my beef stew !
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“A little piece of Belgium in Laos”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

When I took a tuk-tuk from the busstation to the city center, I saw a sticker which mentioned "stoofvlees".
Normally when travelling Asia, I try to avoid the western cuisine, because in general it is more expensive and the quality is below average, but after reading some reviews, I decided to give it a try! Especially for the Belgium beers!

The first thing I noticed was the very polite and well mannered local staff. After having some delicious bruchettas, I decided to order the in Belgium (and some parts of the Netherlands) world-famous french fries with "stoofvlees". It was just delicious, even in the Netherlands, restaurants are not able make it this way. Even some guys from Belgium I met in the guesthouse, told me that this was the "real thing" and that it tasted as it should.

The owner is a very friendly guy, who came to make a chat after we finished our diner, when we were enjoying our Belgium beers.

The price is somewhat high in this restaurant, but I can understand, because the beers have to be imported (and probably some food to). So if you have some money left to spend, or not on a budget, I would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited May 2014
Thank you !
kyabram
“very pleasant”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

it was one of the best restaurnts we had eaten in on our 17 day trip of northern thailand laos and cambodia, last month

• Visited March 2014