“Wonderful food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Nelson, New Zealand
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We loved the selection of authentic Laos food. So delicious and unusual. Fresh and inspiring. Loved the stuffed lemon grass heads and the seasonal fruit platter with fruits we had never seen or heard of in NZ.

Visited May 2014

• Thai first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Top class”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner seated outside, overlooking the river. The staff were attentive, helpful and very knowledgable about the food. The food was all top class, but my particular favourites were the steamed fish in banana leaves and lemongrass stuffed with chicken. The purple sticky rice for dessert is also a must.

Visited July 2014
“Wonderful meal and friendly service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had more than one great meal at Tamarind Restaurant. The steamed fish in banana leaves was to die for. Pretty much everything was delicious. If you are in Luang Prabang you must try it.

• Visited December 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Tamarind Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I love local cooking and this has been one of the best I have experienced so far & it doubles up as a cookling school as well.

Loved every minute of it and would recommend it to anyone looking for something special !!!

Kind regards

Ferdie Liebenberg

• Visited August 2013
“Great Service”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We ate here for lunch. My husband absolutely loved his meal, I didn't eat mine, but it was a wrong choice on my behalf. I ordered a papaya salad expecting it to be crisp like in Thailand and Vietnam, but it had tomato squished through it. I am not a fan of tomato and didn't realise it would be in the salad. My husband loved the salad as well as his buffalo.
One thing we really liked was the service, when our food was bought out, our waiter explained how to eat it which we thought was nice touch. They were also concerned that i didn't like my meal, we assured them it was me not their cooking. We didn't get the chance to return although we had planned to.

• Visited May 2014