“They have Chai Tea Latte!”
Review of Joma Bakery Cafe

Joma Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Not much chance of getting true Chai Tea Latte in Asia...even the Starbucks do not carry, so I was delighted with this cafe. It is served like coffee, steaming with cream on top. Delightful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I went to Joma with my friend and our guide after the Monks Alms. There was a small line but it went pretty quickly. We got a table outside that allowed us to do some people watching. My friend got her waffles with a bunch of whip cream and it was luke warm. I ordered the waffles too so I was hoping to fair better. Our guide got his food but still no waffles came for me. Our guide asked a waiter to check on my order - nothing. After another 10 minutes I asked another waiter to check on the order - nothing. 10 minutes later my waffles came and they too were not hot and not amazing.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Luang Prabang is a pretty expensive city compared to the rest of Laos, but a cup of Joma coffee is more expensive than other places in the city (costing 17,000 kip for a mug). However, it is a really good cup of coffee, the food/pastries there are exceptional, and the Wi-Fi is rather good (comparatively) as well.

One thing you should know before heading over to get some work done: there are no outlets, so make sure you are charged up before you sit down.

Also, try to cinnamon roll, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Nice place to get some pastries and a cup of coffee. I had lunch there a couple of times and all was good. Free WiFi. Outside tables and inside no smoking and pleasant.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Loved the coffee, service was slow but as it is a wonderful place to sit I did not mind it. The food was good and they make some nice sandwiches.