“Guesthouse does not honor confirmed reservation”

and 1 more site!
Villa Chitdara 2 Guesthouse
Ranked #28 of 259 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Guesthouse does not honor confirmed reservation”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

In May , 2013, my wife and I booked a 3 night stay in a double room for November with a request to upgrade to a river view room if one became available. Yae at Chitdara 2 confirmed the booking the same day. On Sept. 24, I sent a 2nd email to confirm the reservation and again request the river view room. Xai responded that Yae was no longer in their employ and had failed to enter my booking and that no rooms were now available. I replied back that I should not have to pay for Yae's mistake, that they were responsible for their employee, that our booking must be reinstated and that they should cancel the booking that replaced ours in line. Xai would not agree to this. This would have been the honorable thing for them to do. We were extremely disappointed by their actions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian1941Nv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bamaga, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights recently. It was a mostly pleasant stay & I really have no complaints.

Mai greeted us with a welcome drink on our arrival & showed us to our room overlooking the Mekong River. He certainly made our stay excellent as he was always on hand to assist/recommend/advise!

The room was spacious & well appointed including a fridge. The location was good. We liked the quiet location & the fact that we could easily walk to most places. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby. Breakfast was simple but adequate.

A few minor negative things were the wifi was a bit hit & miss (randomly worked, weak signal), the shower never got really hot & our air conditioner made some funny sounds during the night so we turned it off.

I would still stay at Chitdara 2 again though.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank VeganMummy
Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at Villa Chitdara 2 for four nights in Luang Prabang. It had good trip advisor reviews, so I booked a room. To be honest, I found the place to be a little dark and musty. My bathroom had a terrible smell to it, so I kept the door open as much as I could to get some air circulating. The room was alright. It had a tv, air con and a bed that overlooked the road. You couldn't really see the river as it was hidden by some trees, but I didn't mind. As mentioned earlier, the staff don't speak much English, but they really tried hard to accommodate whenever I had a question, so I really can't fault them for it. The wifi was terrible and did not work while I was there. You could pick up a signal from next door when you were in the main lobby. Ultimately, I think that you could find something a little better for the price in Luang Prabang. I give it am average rating because it didn't really make an impression.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jmarti123
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was the only one in the hotel when i arrived for two night and that sould have been a sign. but anyway agoda cancellaton policy is too hard to cancel.
the room was overpriced for the type of room.
there was no safe in the room.
when i took a shower, i saw a used soap in the soap holder which made me question the whole place on its cleanliness.
the worst is the staff. totally useless to answer your questions as the guy as the reception didnt understand english if your question wasn't about where can i eat breakfast or cani have a tuktuk for the airport. i had question about alms procedure or where to find things and he had no clue what i was talking about. i felt very lonely and like i missed some parts of The city that would have been cool if someone could have been introducing me to it.
this place is definitely the worst quality/price hotel of my trip.

Room Tip: be prepared for no safe in the room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Nishinomiya, Japan
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This guesthouse is well situated right by the bank of the Mekong river and a short walk to the main street and markets. The breakfast is very good, and will fill you up for a long time. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the owner is amazing. I felt that he made great efforts to give me a valuable experience and understanding of the place. Having the chance to speak to him and to join him in the morning alms with the monks was a highlight of my trip to Laos. I had a beautiful, clean, front room overlooking the river and felt at home (despite not being able to turn on the AC). My very best recommendations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. The rooms were clean and very nice, with hardwood floors and a really comfortable bed. The price of $35 was very reasonable (breakfast included) for the quality, if had a room on the second floor in the back. It was situated in a great location right on the Mekong, where you eat breakfast overlooking the river. Finally the staff was very friendly and arranged everything for me, from airport drop off to trips to the sites.

The owner was out of town and showed up the last day I was there. Greeted me very warmly with a huge smile, if you have a chance to spend time talking to him, he's very interesting. In my 4 weeks in SE Asia so far this was the best place for the $ by far!

• Stayed June 2013
Woorim, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This place was simply great to stay in, clean, comfortable and great staff service. We stayed there because of the previous tripa advisor reports and they were spot on. We did have a down stairs room and no problems with noise. Mr. Vong was very helpfdul and so interesting, if you get the chance go to alms with him. The guys on the desk were very helpful, and like everyone on Laos happy and firendly. Breakfast was really good, we had it across the road on the riverfront, it was the best way to start the day. Location is close to everything, yet quiet compared to places back and clsoer to the night markets. Would defnitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple