Villa Chitdara 2 Guesthouse
US$107
US$104
Trip.com
US$242
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
US$460
Hotwire.com
Santi Resort & Spa(Luang Prabang)
US$84
US$72
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$54
US$46
US$130
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$88
US$83
US$105
US$98
Agoda.com
All reviewsfresh baguettethe riverexcellent locationa great staythe ground floorshort staycomfortable roomconvenient locationdouble bedceiling fanmekongguesthouselpbanks
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I found this guest house on Tripadvisor and booked it based on the great reviews and lovely comments about the owner, Mr Wong. The reviews were all right - the guest house is in a great location, close to restaurants and bars but also quiet. The room was spacious, clean and had a great view of the Mekong river.

Breakfast was lovely and we chose to sit at the tables across the road overlooking the Mekong to eat it. It consisted of eggs (we chose omelette, which was well cooked), bread, jam, fresh fruit and lemon posset (which my husband loved!).

But what really makes the guest house is Mr Wong - he's very welcoming and makes you feel at home, nothing is too much trouble. He was kind enough to take us with him to his local Wat one morning and then to observe the alms giving ceremony and explained about it in great detail, which was very interesting.

We were only here for 2 nights and wish we could've stayed longer.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room if one is available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

In May , 2013, my wife and I booked a 3 night stay in a double room for November with a request to upgrade to a river view room if one became available. Yae at Chitdara 2 confirmed the booking the same day. On Sept. 24, I sent a 2nd email to confirm the reservation and again request the river view room. Xai responded that Yae was no longer in their employ and had failed to enter my booking and that no rooms were now available. I replied back that I should not have to pay for Yae's mistake, that they were responsible for their employee, that our booking must be reinstated and that they should cancel the booking that replaced ours in line. Xai would not agree to this. This would have been the honorable thing for them to do. We were extremely disappointed by their actions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian1941Nv
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights recently. It was a mostly pleasant stay & I really have no complaints.

Mai greeted us with a welcome drink on our arrival & showed us to our room overlooking the Mekong River. He certainly made our stay excellent as he was always on hand to assist/recommend/advise!

The room was spacious & well appointed including a fridge. The location was good. We liked the quiet location & the fact that we could easily walk to most places. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby. Breakfast was simple but adequate.

A few minor negative things were the wifi was a bit hit & miss (randomly worked, weak signal), the shower never got really hot & our air conditioner made some funny sounds during the night so we turned it off.

I would still stay at Chitdara 2 again though.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank VeganMummy
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at Villa Chitdara 2 for four nights in Luang Prabang. It had good trip advisor reviews, so I booked a room. To be honest, I found the place to be a little dark and musty. My bathroom had a terrible smell to it, so I kept the door open as much as I could to get some air circulating. The room was alright. It had a tv, air con and a bed that overlooked the road. You couldn't really see the river as it was hidden by some trees, but I didn't mind. As mentioned earlier, the staff don't speak much English, but they really tried hard to accommodate whenever I had a question, so I really can't fault them for it. The wifi was terrible and did not work while I was there. You could pick up a signal from next door when you were in the main lobby. Ultimately, I think that you could find something a little better for the price in Luang Prabang. I give it am average rating because it didn't really make an impression.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jmarti123
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was the only one in the hotel when i arrived for two night and that sould have been a sign. but anyway agoda cancellaton policy is too hard to cancel.
the room was overpriced for the type of room.
there was no safe in the room.
when i took a shower, i saw a used soap in the soap holder which made me question the whole place on its cleanliness.
the worst is the staff. totally useless to answer your questions as the guy as the reception didnt understand english if your question wasn't about where can i eat breakfast or cani have a tuktuk for the airport. i had question about alms procedure or where to find things and he had no clue what i was talking about. i felt very lonely and like i missed some parts of The city that would have been cool if someone could have been introducing me to it.
this place is definitely the worst quality/price hotel of my trip.

Room Tip: be prepared for no safe in the room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo