“Above and beyond..”
Review of Vangsavath Hotel

Vangsavath Hotel
Ranked #15 of 272 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We had a really enjoyable stay at this well run family property. Nothing was ever too much for the owners (run by mother and son) breakfast was lovely and the free wifi and bicycles were a bonus! The property was a short tuk tuk ride from the night market and tours, day trips were always recommended by the owners- great for those who are travelling with no plans! Room was really nice and I would highly recommend this boutique hotel for anyone travelling to Luang Prabang. The owners were always very smiley and seemed genuinely happy to help you. Great service and value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights We had booked a deluxe room and the owner's son admitted he didn't have one available. We were shown two rooms. One was smelly and not very clean and the other was slightly better but right next to the building work that another reviewer mentioned. The room was dark and grubby. Nothing worked as it should and in order to get to the toilet I had to squeeze past the bed. I knocked myself every time on the bed corner. We said the room was unsuitable the next morning and we were moved to a slightly better one but although it had a little terrace it was impossible to sit outside as there was a mosquito infested pond just in front of us. Perhaps the people who give this hotel a glowing review stayed on the first floor but we cannot recommend it and we heard others complaining while we were staying so it is odd that there are all these glowing reports on trip adviser. We regretted not staying in the historic centre of Luang Prabang and yes he does offer free tuktuks but it is a pain being out of town. The breakfast is ok and the family is friendly but there is no way that this is a three star establishment.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank michPLondon
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Staff are lovely, incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about things to do in the area. We didn't have a booking, and when we showed up the staff greeted us warmly, offered a welcoming drinks and took the time to show us their types of rooms. Rooms and very clean and there's a nice garden in the back of the hotel to stroll in, if you're into that kind of thing.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This hotel which is run by mother and son,couldn't be any better.
Their was nothing that paul would not organise for us,be it a tooktok into the main street,a hiring of a motorbike or a late night couple of beer laos.
Their genuine happy and freindly nature made our stay so pleasurable

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. Why?
Because the owners (Loatians - family run) have the best hospitality I have ever encountered.
We were made to feel like family the moment we arrived. My room was comfortable, breakfast was tasty and filling. I was always offered more than I could eat. Beautiful hotel, with meditative grounds. The hotel manager is a great guide, who is always willing to help no matter what time of the day.
Free strong wifi connection.
Free bikes or free tuktuk into town.
I was actually sad to leave.
I will return next time I AM in Luang Prabang.

Mama we miss you!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GL0BALL0CAL
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Vangsavath Hotel is a one of the great place to stay for my trip in Luang Prabang. I travelled to Luang Prabang in the 2nd week of Oct 2012.

The Room : I stayed in a boutique room. It is featured with bath tub, nice decoration with comfy bed.
the WiFi (Free) was a great option.

The Hotel Manager - Anouphone and his mom were so kind and friendly, warm welcome was like my home.

I rather recommend Vangsavath Hotel and I will stay this hotel again if I have a chance to go back to Luang Prabang.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We had 2 families stay here (with two 6 year olds and two 8 year olds) and this hotel was great for the money we paid. Phone and his mother and staff were very accommodating for us and very kind. We wanted a pool to swim in so he advised us to go to La Pistoche (which will be finished new renovations in a couple of weeks). It was perfect. This lovely boutique like hotel is located just a bit out of town but Phone provides tuk tuks into the night market. The bikes are also free (wheree other hotels charge) and the kids just hopped on the back. The laundry service was nice, especially after visiting the Land of Living Rice making tour. Very worthwhile. The beds are comfortable, rooms and hotel very clean, lots of hot water for showers, lovely grounds and friendly staff with great recommendations on where to go and helped get transportation to and from these day trips. I would recommend this hotel. THanks for a great stay.
Delaena and crew

Room Tip: Get a room on the balcony.