“Great choice to enjoy Luang Prabang”
Review of Vangsavath Hotel

Vangsavath Hotel
Ranked #16 of 265 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here as a family for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. All staff were very friendly and welcoming and owners very hospitable and helpful when booking tuk tuks etc. We enjoyed being a bit out of the town as we could explore an area less touristy (local markets, paths to the Mekong). Free bikes and shuttle bus is a great service (and my son loved the bus!) Rooms were comfortable and clean and were close together for us. Loved the garden and the open balcony bit where we could sit and play cards. Very good value for money. Would definitely recommend this hotel for families, and anyone else!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend. I think the two best things about this place is the friendly and very helpful manager and the free bike. My boyfriend and I used the bike daily to go into the city and explore. It was great to be able to get around and do things on our own time. The only sub optimal thing was the a/c that was not powerful so the room never got too cold. But the room came with a fan as well that we turned on which made the room comfortable for sleeping. Overall, Luang Prabang is so charming and a must visit, doing it with a bike makes the experience that much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nrosche
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I loved staying at the Vangsavath hotel. We only booked one night and we're going to see if we could find something once we were in town, but our expectations were blown away and we ended up booking for an additional two nights until they drive us to the airport in the hotel shuttle to fly to chiang mai. Great breakfast, helpful staff. As many free bananas as your heart desires. Don't stay here if you expect luxury, but for the price, it's perfect. Lots of wireless and AC. My favorite part was the free bicycles. It takes at most 10 ,minutes to get to the confluence of the rivers, night market, restaurants. I liked that it was removed from the center, but so close. The architecture of the hotel is great. If you are lazy, there are two wats next door and you can walk only one minute to give alms.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kramer2nd
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I could write the romantic version of how I stumbled upon this gem, but I will cut to the chase. Reasons why I LOVED this hotel:

-Reasonably priced - between $30-$40 a night (unlike many other hotels in the vicinity or by the night market). Whether you're a family, couple, solo traveler, or backpacking with friends, it's certainly worth it to stay here for a night or two. Great place to recharge along your journey.

- Free shuttle bus every half hour - 2 minute drive from night market area. Thus you don't have to waste money on tuk tuks

-Amazing staff - Paul and his family (the owners) are the kindest people I have ever met. Well spoken in English and will go out of their way to ensure your stay at their hotel AND in Luang Prabang are wonderful

- Free fresh breakfast - eggs any style, pancakes, fruits, french toast, buns. And coffee/tea available ALL day

- Free computer stations with internet (in addition to free WI-FI)

- Free bicycles!

- Room includes many things such as blow dryer, umbrella, robes, slippers, bathtub with jets.

- BEAUTIFUL decor. The hotel looks like an antique mansion. The back of the hotel feels like a secluded little jungle.

To conclude. I had an excellent experience at Vangsavath Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I have read a really harsh review and felt I should respond. The family who run this hotel are lovely, yes they could be deemed a bit over the top by some people but my friend and I found them to be really kind and helpful people. The rooms are small and the bathroom wasn't a separate room, being separated by wooden bars and a sliding door. The facilities are not the greatest but for the price it was very good.
We received lots of help and advice from the hotel staff and we utilised the free shuttle bus every night.
I would recommend this hotel to a friend as it is in a great location, the staff and owners are lovely and although it is not by any means five star it felt appropriate in such a laid back, unspoilt place.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank pal28
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed four nights at this beautiful boutique hotel broken up by a quick adventure to Vang Vieng and back and it made our stay in Luang Prabang outstanding! The hotel itself was exquisite in its dark hard wood decor and well decorated hallways and rooms. The garden and restaurant and rooms were kept up to excellent standards and it truly was a refreshing and relaxing stay to our overall wild travel itinerary across South East Asia... But out of everything that made us happy with our selection of this hotel, it was the unforgettable host, Paul, and his mother that made us feel at home and made this stay perfect for us. They catered to our every need and definitely went out of their way to ensure we had a great time exploring Luang Prabang.

Some facts... depending on various travelling budgets, this is more expensive than your hostel style dorms and privates but the boutique atmosphere and pristine quality of the rooms caters to what you pay for. The airport pick-up and drop-off is nice and added convenience to our trip. The free bike use any time throughout the day was a nice little luxury. As others have mentioned, breakfast is wonderful and filling. We chose this place based on the reviews and hospitality mentioned and were very happy with our stay as it reflected what we read. The hotel itself is located outside of the town center and walking street (5min shuttle, 10 min bike ride) in our perspective no big deal because the town site is small and quaint anyways and access back and forth was easy and did not inhibit us in any of our exploration efforts during our stay.

Loved our stay, recommend to anyone and would definitely be our place to stay upon return!

Cheers,

Kayle and Madison

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My partner and I were greeted by a happy young guy and his mum. He spoke great English and sat us down with some orange juice and went through a map of the place with us and suggested things for us to do.
The room was very nice, breakfast was included, you can eat as much as you like, the french toast was amazing.They also provided free tea, coffee and fruit for you through out the day.
They upgraded us on the second night as it was my birthday which was so kind of them.
There is a free shuttle bus into town and back. One day we decided to walk back instead of wait for the bus and the young guy drove past in his car and gave us a lift.
The people that work there are all so kind and always went out there way to help us. We both really enjoyed are stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple