“Great for breakfast and dinner”
Review of Coconut Garden

Coconut Garden
Ranked #24 of 201 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great for breakfast and dinner”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great spot easy to find on the main street and a good menu, super food and super friendly staff :)
Got WiFi

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Murcia, Spain
“Nice setting but average food”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have stayed in Laos for many months and in the main eating with local people in their homes and a few restaurants in the area. I think by now I know my Lao food and the lovely strong flavours they produce.
Generally the food which was presented was just reasonable and no where near as good as my Lao friends home made food. The wine was expensive and not of a good standard. The staff were attentive and I have no complaints in that respect.
The Restaurant setting was very pleasing indeed but for the price that we paid I wish I had given the money to my Lao friends And had a far superior meal at a fraction of the price.

• Visited June 2013
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value, lovely decor”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

A family dinner for 5 with beautiful meals. The buffalo sausage was definitely worth a try, reminded me of real Scottish haggis. Luxury of a New Zealand Sav Blanc! Atmosphere was terrific out the back and service was very good.

• Visited July 2013
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely spot for some quality food”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We visited here a number of times during our 3 night stay in Luang Prabang. It was just around the corner from our hotel and served some great local food. I particularly like the steamed stuffed fish and skewered chicked with a gorgeous peanut sauce.
Service was quick and friendly.
Would definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice dinner on the main strip”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We wandered into this restaurant after visiting the night market. We found the menu to be expansive and we sampled many local specialities. The buffalo dishes are a must! The salads were fresh and delicious. The restaurant was not particularly busy the night we ate so there was plenty of eager staff attending to us. This is the sister restaurant to a more famous L'elephant restaurant. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice meal after a stroll through the night market!

• Visited July 2013