Thida Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Maydou(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
Nam Sok Guesthouse(Luang Prabang)
  • Restaurant
Rama(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
The Apsara Rive Droite(Luang Prabang)
Villa Kiengkham(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Ban Lakkham(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Santi Hotel(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Thida GH is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are just beautiful and extremely well kept, the upstairs ones even have a lovely terrace. It's great value for money and the location is really nice, next to the Mekong and a 5mns walk from the main touristy street and the temples. The owner speeks fluent french and english. A great option, highly recommandable!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I walked into Thida Guesthouse while trekking around for a mid-range (for Laos) room and I definitely found one of the best. Thida Guest house is close to the water and close to the action, but far enough away from the 'crazy night life' of Luang Prabang.

note; I'm being completely sarcastic about the night life. Luang Prabang is one of the quietest cities I've stayed in in all my travels in South East Asia.

The Lobby and the hotel itself is simple but elegant with a computer downstairs for guest usage, free wifi in all rooms and lobby. The hotel staff, owner and children?, are kind and courteous and very willing to help.

The room I stayed in "3" is large with high ceilings, overhead fans and lighting, large comforter, dressing table, soap, hot shower, mosquito net (although I didn't need it) multiple outlets, wifi, a tv (that I didn't use,) AC included although during the rainy season the fan was more than sufficient. Room 3 has three windows, all with shutters and mosquito screens. I usually get eaten alive by mosquitoes, but I even left the shutters open one night and didn't get bit!

Within walking distance of all the Luang Prabang city highlights... ok not the caves or waterfalls but the temples, bars, museum and night market are quite close.

I highly recommend this guesthouse.

Laundry and bicycles are available for reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Room 3 faces the street but I slept like a log, even with the windows open. Very large room, very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ALeejelly
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Spacious and clean room, with a beautiful wooden four poster bed, as well as a big bathroom with a rain shower. This room was beautiful - we could also pull open our wooden window shutters and have the bottom half of the room open with a view of the river. This is the room on the ground floor on the left as you walk in to the guesthouse. Best one I think! Another good thing about this place is that if you get up early you can see the monks walk along the top of the street getting offerings from the local people.

The owner and I think it was his son were lovely and friendly and even helped us out at 6am when the tuk tuk didn't come to pick us up to get us to the bus station - they rang the company and sorted it all out for us. Flagged a tuk tuk down that we didn't have to pay for and got us to the bus station in the nick of time - well if you count running in the path of moving double decker!! :/

I loved Luang Prabang - it was a luxurious stop I made twice during my time travelling around Asia. You have top notch French restaurants, but also such a variety of food here, many budget restaurants too. Lots of cheaper places to eat, the night market is very good!

Room Tip: The first ground floor room on the left as you walk to the guesthouse reception.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slipski
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The guesthouse is really good, clean and quiet. The owner is a famous doctor in pediatrician who speaks both French and English and whose house and well-known clinic is right in front. The staff is nice and friendly, only one permanent guy who doesn't speak/understand English. Furniture, stairs and corridor are wood-coated. Rooms and beds are comfortable. Wide bathroom with hot water all day. Good aircon but if you want to enjoy the clean and fresh outdoor atmosphere you can open the window and/or use fans. The stairs are quite too sloping though. Wifi fine. Good price/quality. Highly recommended for families with kids.

Room Tip: Take the biggest room with windows on the quiet street and 2 big bed rooms with $35 w/o breakfast and $40 with breakfast included. It is really the best!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The room was nice and spacious, with a big bed, tv, nice bathroom with a ‘rain shower’ and free tea and coffee. We had breakfast here a couple of times and it was good. Whilst we were here there were a few issues such as the internet not working for over a day and at one point there was no water in our bathroom. When we went down the staff were aware of the problem and did fix the water, but we decided to just visit one of the nice cafes in town for wifi. The lad that was working there was friendly but didn’t always seem to understand what we were asking him. We booked online in advance because we didn’t want to arrive late without a hotel, and because of this felt we paid a bit too much, but ended up extending our stay at a cheaper rate once we got there. It was a 5 minute walk to the main street that has the night market on, and even less to Wat Xieng Thong. Luang Prabang was such a lovely town to stay in and we inevitably ended up staying here longer than planned.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple