All reviewsprivate bathroomhot waternight marketmekong riverwould stay here againalleyguesthouseacupstairs
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stay in oudomphong II, but since trip advisor only have oudomphong I, I will leave the message here.

With the price 90,000 Kip for a double bed room, I would say it is one of the best in Luang Prabang. Friendly staff, great location, good service, clean .....

The only thing that can be improved is the shower water is not strong enough.

Wifi is working but the coverage inside room might be weak.

The rest is perfect !

I definitely will come back again. By the way, i did visit Oudomphong I as well. The only difference is Oudomphong I looks older but I believe the quality is same. It is just one street beside Oudomphong II.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Heilongxiaobao
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Since I can´t find a site for number 2, I´ll just leave it here. We were so surprised to have found a place like this! First night we arrived late and had to stay somewhere else since we didn´t have a booking anywhere. But the next day, when we found this lovely place, we couldn´t believe it! Such a treat! Wi-fi (although sometimes it didn´t work), free coffee and tea all day, the girls cleaning all day long, dad tidying up the garden, watering the plants, everyone so attentive and kind, it gave us that feeling of safety and comfort at the same time. They can book and arrange activities for you. Only thing is, they don´t speak much English. If you speak French, you are good to go. If not, don´t worry, they are still willing to help you and make your stay a memorable one. Rooms are decent size, hot water, comfy beds. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Nice guesthouse in Luang Prabang. They have nice clean rooms with excellent beds. Its cheap too. You even get free Bananas and free tea and coffee in the morning. They serve good basic breakfast. Its also very close to all the main sights in town.

The best part is the people that run the place. Mama and her daughters are very nice, helpful, funny and will keep you talking about everything so you will forget about the time.

We stayed for a few days and after a trip to the northern part of Laos we came back to Oudomphong and they were so surprised that they came running trough the alley to welcome us back.

Mama you are the best!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B K
Reviewed 25 May 2011

If you go to Luang Prabang in Laos and look for a place were you not only get value for your money, but also meet a friendly staff (owner), you should check in at Oudomphong ll Guest House (remember it has to be the new building ll ;).
The rooms are clean and nice, it's a quiet place(not a lot of party/young people). It's about 50 meters from were the marked starts and only 30 meters from the Mekong river. When entering the street, don't get "scared away" by the look of it, as soon as you enter the Guest house, you will be happy :) The owners are just so friendly and will help you if they can!! I will surtenly stay there again, if I return to Luang Prabang again. Free Tea/cold water and free WIFI, but most of all clean and super friendly place :D

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We found this place by chance and were really happy with it. The guesthouse is in a quiet street near the center of the town and Mekong. It has good valued rooms and probably the best price for the value in town. The rooms are clean and simple, some have bathrooms , some are with shared bathrooms. There is bananas, tea and coffee for breakfast. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is WIFI, better speed than the average in Laos.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple