All reviewsprivate bathroomhot waternight marketmekong riverwould stay here againalleyguesthouseacupstairs
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed here in April, what a wonderful place, we had no booking and arrived to a very warm welcome. The owner/manager is really professional as are all the Staff. The rooms were spotless clean, with wifi and a wonderful seated area downstairs for chilling out. Nothing was too much trouble here. To top it all the location is perfect.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I noticed that some people rated Oudomphong Guesthouse 2 here. I'll do so. We stood at Oudomphong Guesthouse 2 with my family in April. It is probably one of the best budget value options in Luang Prabang. We first had a family room (3 beddings) for 150 000 kips (no AC, but fan). We then changed for 2 double rooms with AC (150 000 each). Everything was perfectly runned : AC working well, hot water in the (small) bathrooms, fans, and it was very clean. The laundry we left the morning was given back in the afternoon and was very clean too.
The location is good : quiet and nice neighborhood, and short walk distance from the main historic temples, markets and restaurants.
The couple running the guesthouse is really very nice. The lady is speaking good English and the man some French. Anyway, they will help you very kindly if you have any questions or problems : when we arrived, we forgot our son's teddy bear in the minivan we took from Vang Vieng : she made like 6 phone calls to find the driver, and waited for him in the late evening !
As a conclusion, Oudomphong Guesthouse 2 is the perfect place to stay in Luang Pabang.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stay in oudomphong II, but since trip advisor only have oudomphong I, I will leave the message here.

With the price 90,000 Kip for a double bed room, I would say it is one of the best in Luang Prabang. Friendly staff, great location, good service, clean .....

The only thing that can be improved is the shower water is not strong enough.

Wifi is working but the coverage inside room might be weak.

The rest is perfect !

I definitely will come back again. By the way, i did visit Oudomphong I as well. The only difference is Oudomphong I looks older but I believe the quality is same. It is just one street beside Oudomphong II.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Heilongxiaobao
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Since I can´t find a site for number 2, I´ll just leave it here. We were so surprised to have found a place like this! First night we arrived late and had to stay somewhere else since we didn´t have a booking anywhere. But the next day, when we found this lovely place, we couldn´t believe it! Such a treat! Wi-fi (although sometimes it didn´t work), free coffee and tea all day, the girls cleaning all day long, dad tidying up the garden, watering the plants, everyone so attentive and kind, it gave us that feeling of safety and comfort at the same time. They can book and arrange activities for you. Only thing is, they don´t speak much English. If you speak French, you are good to go. If not, don´t worry, they are still willing to help you and make your stay a memorable one. Rooms are decent size, hot water, comfy beds. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Nice guesthouse in Luang Prabang. They have nice clean rooms with excellent beds. Its cheap too. You even get free Bananas and free tea and coffee in the morning. They serve good basic breakfast. Its also very close to all the main sights in town.

The best part is the people that run the place. Mama and her daughters are very nice, helpful, funny and will keep you talking about everything so you will forget about the time.

We stayed for a few days and after a trip to the northern part of Laos we came back to Oudomphong and they were so surprised that they came running trough the alley to welcome us back.

Mama you are the best!