“Mixed views”

Luang Prabang Hotel by Villa Merry Lao III
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Hmm I have mixed views on this one. After reading the reviews of this hotel, my friend and I opted to fork out a little bit extra. We stayed for 4 nights. I requested a twin room, but we shared a double on the first night, which wasn't a problem as we were reassured that we could be moved the next day. The room was of average size, mosquito net around the bed, nice bathroom. The girl at reception was very friendly and helpful and helped arrange our excursion to the Kuang Si waterfall. All was well until we were moved into the requested twin room on the 2nd night. There was a large foot-sized hole in the bottom of the bath - when I informed the girl at reception, we were told to continue showering in it, despite the fact that it was obviously going to flood the bathroom and possibly the room below! I tried to shower in this and it was hopeless as the bottom of the bath was so flimsy. Reluctantly, the girl agreed to move us into the only other available room. It was a double but we agreed to share as we had no other option. However, the girl did not feel the need to tell us that the a/c was BROKEN and it was the most uncomfortable, hottest night of our entire one month holiday. Needless to say, we were not impressed the next morning, when we realised that she had known the entire time that it was already broken. We were extra unimpressed when there was no discount on the total bill to take into account that we had moved into 3 different rooms, 2 with significant problems. The cost of the place is way too expensive compared to some of the other great places we have stayed in Southeast Asia. It's a shame as our first impressions were promising. I'm sure there are better places to stay in Luang Prabang - don't bother to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kiren G
There are newer reviews for Luang Prabang Hotel by Villa Merry Lao III

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Villa Merry Lao III Hotel is quite new hotel. Room is very nice and clean. I don't have enough time to stay here more than 3 nights because i have flight to Vietnam on time. It feel like my home, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Room rate is reasonable. from this hotel it is very easy for you to walk around. It is very peaceful place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Luang Prabang is my choosing for this summer. It is amazing place, we have very happy time stay in Villa Merry Lao III Hotel. It is very nice and cozy hotel. Room is new and very clean. Hotel location is at busy place but it is very convenient for walking around. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They take care you from small thing like where do you go for visiting, shopping or eating....What they do is perfect. Before i also stay in other hotel but comparator Villa Merry Lao III Hotel is number one and reasonable price.
Highly comment this hotel and we will come back next summer holiday!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed in the villa for 3 nights and found it to be exactly what i was hoping for. The service was second to none. The rooms were very clean and i especially loved how comfortable the beds, a nice welcome after spending a lot of time sleeping on buses. The staff were very helpful when i needed to book flights from loas to vietnam, they organised all the transfers to and from the airport with no problems what so ever. Organization is the key to running a great hotel and this hotel ticked every box, Well Done!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The first time visited Laos, the first time stayed in this hotel and get the best first impression from the nice Receptionist girl. She was very helpful to help me arrange my visit here. Rooms very clean, comfortable. Great location,
Would stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2011

This is a great hotel I've ever stayed in the whole trip! My room was so clean and the bed was just fantastic, very comfortable! I had a really good sleep after a long trip! The staff, they're so friendly and helpful! Help me out with the tours and the nice places that I shouldn't miss out, well, I found everything I need for me just right there! Really have a great time, unforgettable place! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2011

To the incredibly helpful staff at Villa Merry Lao III Hotel. Thank you so much for your comfortable accommodation and hospitality. You were so helpful in helping us to find our way around Luang Prabang and also helping us accommodation in Vientiane. We will recommend you to friends in Australia

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends