“Fabulous Stay in Luang Prabang”
Review of Kiridara

Kiridara
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I spent 5 incredibly relaxing days in Luang Prabang staying in great comfort at the Kiridara. The hotel was a short drive from the airport which made it very convenient, and although it was a little far to walk to the town centre this didn't matter as the hotel provides free transport to and from the centre. The area by the pool was lovely and the terrace a romantic place to enjoy a drink at sunset. The bed was incredibly comfortable. What really added to the stay was the lovely service by all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt very cared about. I would highly recommend staying here and would love to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments in TripAdvisor, Also thank you for your kind note on the staff service, which will motivate us to strive for perfection.
Thank you again and from today, we look forward to welcoming you again in not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I just came back from a long weekend get away in Luang Prabang - staying at the Kiridara, both in its rooms and a couple of nights in their riverside Villa (complete with butler and chef!!). I have stayed in Luang Prabang a half dozen times in the past, but this was the most lovely. The weather was perfect, the off season meant things were pretty peaceful, but most of all, we had the lovely oasis of the Kiridara to return to each day. The hotel is very well designed, the pool is wonderful, the service was impeccable, and the half price pool cocktails at happy hour (see photos) were the best ending for each day's adventure. My wife and I both enjoyed the services of their spa, just to add a good dollop of luxury to the trip. I can't thank Francis and his team enough for making our romantic escape a trip to remember.

Room Tip: Visit the waterfalls - there are two to see. Use the bikes to tour around, available through the ho...
1  Thank Harkish
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor, which will motivate the team to strive for perfection.
we look forward to welcoming you soon in not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

A beautiful place to stay in Luang Prabang. Great food and service, and a courtesy hotel bus available to and from the centre. We stayed for 3 nights but would love to have stayed longer.
Nicola and Alan

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barn03
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your kind note in TripAdvisor, Looking forward to seeing you again in not too distance future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic time here. Free bus to the Main Street. Recommend walking to the other end of the tourist stalls and turning right down to the river. Loads of lovely Restaurants serving local food. Try the Tamarind. But you may need to book.

Food generally ok everywhere. Similar to Thai but not spicy. Can be be a bit bland if you like chillies.

We went on a boat cruse an elephant ride and to both waterfalls. Get a driver from hotel they will stay with you all day if you want.

Food and drink very cheap. We paid in US Dollars. Beer $1 meal $20 approx for 2pax.

Will return to this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments in TripAdvisor, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Part of me says I shouldn't give the Kiridara such a glowing review but that is only because my wife and I want to keep it all to ourselves!

My wife and I were traveling around Southeast Asia on our honeymoon with Luang Prabang being one of our stops. We only had 3 nights at the Kiridara but could easily have spent far more and not been disappointed.

We were greeted with warm smiles and friendly attitudes. We were given an amazing room at the top of the resort with beautiful views of the surrounding areas. As we were given the tour of our room, my wife and I continued to say "wow" time after time as we continued to explore our room. The room was absolutely stunning and exactly what we would want for our honeymoon. We also had a great balcony with a large umbrella so we could even enjoy a little outside time in the rain. The hotel also offered Tuk Tuk rides into town or you could use bicycles as well. (We opted to ride as traffic was light and distance was not too far.)

Food in the hotel was also great. Our breakfasts were included, which we LOVE. We had dinner in the hotel a couple of the nights and found the prices to be very reasonable. Often times I feel you overpay in a resort for bottles of wine and dinner, but we felt very good with what we ordered. The staff was very attentive and we really enjoyed talking with them and getting to know them.

The resort itself is beautiful and the pool was also great. The only thing I would wish for out of this hotel is to advertise it as an adults or couples type of resort. Our last day was a bit frustrating as there were about 7 children screaming, literally screaming, in the pool while we were trying to soak in the last few hours in Laos. This is by no means the fault of the hotel, rather the poor parenting job of the parents. I finally had to speak up to them when rocks started whizzing by my head.

After leaving the hotel, the hotel manager sent us a very nice note thanking us for our stay. We very much appreciated that and passed along all the same feedback as written above.

Visiting Laos was one of the highlights of our trip and we will absolutely be going back ASAP. We already are planning another trip next year and will 100% be staying at the Kiridara again. Rumor has there are plans to run high speed trains through the country from China which will undoubtedly change how peaceful and relaxing the areas were. Thus, our desire to return soon.

Thank you again to Francis, the hotel manager, and your entire staff. We absolutely LOVED our stay with you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments in TripAdvisor, Also thank you for your kind note on the property and friendly staffs, food and service, which will motivate us to strive for perfection.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

First of all, let's be clear that you are in Northern Laos so the challenge is should you compare to local properties or international standards. I will review against international standard but please realize this is a small city in an underdeveloped nation so 5-star is hard to find. That said...

Location: The property is 5 minutes outside of the downtown which was not a problem as they have a tuk-tuk available for free and we never had to wait. The view from the property is beautiful and looks over the town and mountains.

Room: Our mountain view room was spacious and looked over the pool and the city. We had issues with blown fuses 3 times and the AC was not working as we left. The staff was responsive in fixing things.

Food: Breakfast was solid but nothing spectacular. A continental buffet with 5-6 menu items to order separately. The Rice Porridge was very good. Egg Benefits...a bit bland. We had a drink at the pool (Coconut juice, no alcohol, $6) that was charged at international prices. A bit of a surprise as this is available on the street for $1.

Service: The GM was there to greet us and was also visible at breakfast. He was very nice. The rest of the staff is male and for the most part, very serious about their work...in a good and bad way. Not very warm or friendly but get the job done. We suggest they need a 'female touch' at the front desk to warm it up a bit. They did arrive a taxi for a day trip to the falls but found out later that getting the taxi on our own would be $10-15 cheaper. Go downtown and negotiate.

We did not use the spa or restaurant.

Overall: A very nice property, efficiently run but you could probably do better staying at a guest house in the downtown area. We will submit a separate trip report on this beautiful city and area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for your kind note in TripAdvisor, also thank you for sharing your comments with regards to the staffs being ward and friendly, i will personally look into it and sort it out at the earliest.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

we loved the town and the resort itself was awesome, very green gardens, great rooms and the pool area was exceptional with great views too...but, I wish there wasn't a but, but there is...the staff is mostly males and some of them were excellent ( Wat and Bombeko ( I think, or similar ) were clear stand-outs in the friendly hospitable staff for us )...there was always people in the foyer but many times we wouldn't even get a hello or a greeting, we sometimes would say hello or Sa Bai Dee with no reply, and the few times I had to get the guy at front desk to do something for me, like make a call to a driver, he would do it, but it felt like it was a problem for him to do it...only simple things really but when ya paying top dollar in their country, you do expect a reasonable amount of service, and this was definitely below standard from any other place we have stayed in Asia ( after 5 trips and 4 countries )...the guy on the computer at the front desk didn't even say goodbye or nobody said they hoped we had a good time, simply took the credit card, sorted the bill and that was it...very sad way to end 2 weeks of holiday and 6 days at the resort...if the people were nicer, then I would be writing a much different review but I have to be honest as I value other reviews on this site and base a lot of holiday selections on these reviews...the resort was ten outta ten, but few staff members were the real let dow,,, I think if they would add some3 very friendly females and just be a lot happier and friendlier , it could really improve things....food was good, the fresh breakfast were nice, and kitchen staff were quite good too...oh yeah, I also asked for help with a Mekong cruise and were told one had shut down and no others, and then later asked in town and found out this was not true, then when checkin out, I saw a brochure taped to the wall behind counter for a Mekong cruise, so I was mislead, maybe it was just too hard, not sure...but again, beautiful resort.....also, after spending over $1000 on accommodation, and hundreds at pool bar they insisted we paid $15 US to the airport, we only paid $7 to get there, they then offered to do it for $10 but we got a private driver to take us and another person for only $6 US, not that the money value is the problem at all, just simply letting people know what happened to us and you can make up your own mind ...I also think the exceptional service and people we encountered in Cambodia left us comparing service and people, and Cambodia was unbeatable, so that may have had some effect on things....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pridm0re

Thank you for sharing your comments in TripAdvisor, my sincere apologies in regards to the friendliness of the front office staff, i will make sure things will be sorted out at the soonest.
Thank you once again and hopefully we look forward to serving you again if given another chance in near future.

Thank you.