Kiridara Luang Prabang
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Saysamphanh Hotel(Luang Prabang)
  • Room Service
Nam Sok Guesthouse(Luang Prabang)
  • Restaurant
Villa Maydou(Luang Prabang)
Manoluck Hotel(Luang Prabang)
  • Pool
Rama(Luang Prabang)
Villa Kiengkham(Luang Prabang)
Xishuangbanna Hotel(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstuk tukin towninfinity poolthe hotel managerfree shuttlemountain viewon demandminute driveshuttle servicethe main hotelwonderful hotelthe hotel offersrooms are spaciousgreat poolhotel shuttlelate checkbalcony overlooking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

From the time of arrival on being greeted by the Assistant Manager to our departure four days later my wife and I enjoyed the facilities of this excellent hotel and the readiness of the staff to help in any way possible.

It's location somewhat removed from the city centre is a plus especially with the ready availability of the shuttle service not only to deliver but also to collect.

Wonderful pool and excellent restaurant.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your Kind note in TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again in not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My travelling buddies and I were recommended to stay in the Kiridara Hotel in Luang Prabang for our local Travel agent in Singapore. When we arrived at the hotel, we were taken aback by the entrance to the hotel and its beautiful ambience - a far-cry from what you see from the main road! The rooms are big with a balcony overlooking a swimming pool and its surrounding greenery. As the units are also built on an ascending slope, those at the top would have the most picturesque view, especially in the late evening when the lights are on! Amenities of the room is superb - large and airy; roomy and very clean washrooms, complete with wireless functionality and a TV. The hotel provides super services, especially for the breakfast spread. We have travelled extensively but this is one hotel which provides one of the best breakfast spreads! It is really good value for money. We will definitely choose to stay at the Kiridara when we visit Luang Prabang again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the top units are the best if you have no problems climbing up there. As all the units are built on the slope of a hill, there is no elevator to take you to the top.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
FrancisLaos, Hotel Manager at Kiridara Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor, we look forward to welcoming you soon in not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Kiridara is a well managed attractive hotel situated a little way out of town in an elevated position with some nice views. Walking into town is a bit of a track but the hotel offers a free shuttle in and out of town at any time , just specify time and place of pick up, they are very obliging . We used the hotel bikes for a day which are free and enabled us to get out of town a bit. All very safe.
Rooms are spacious and most look onto the pool. Clean towels every day which is nice. Good breakfast to suit all either in the restaurant or around the pool terrace. Most people seem to have dinner in the town as we did. Lots of choice from street food to fine restaurants. Manager of hotel very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: During the school holidays in Hong Kong etc the hotel attracts more family's so a room away from the pool area might be worth considering.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor, which will motivate us to strive for perfection.
we look forward to welcoming you soon in not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

An all round positive experience for my whole family 2 adults and 2 secondary aged children. Not disappointed at all. The hotel had excellent service and attention, from the manager across to all staff. No issues of concern. The High Tea in the afternoon was a particular favourite with the children! Whilst it was on the edge of the town, the shuttle bus enabled easy and regular access, as did the bicycles. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your Kind note in TripAdvisor, that you had a great stay with excellent service and attention.
we look forward to welcoming you again in not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Dear Francis and staff,

Thank you for an excellent stay. From the moment I arrived I felt like a valued customer. As a single female traveller I appreciated the on time pick up from the airport and the personal greeting from Francis at the hotel was a lovely touch.

The room and the hotel were faultless although the gym is not worth a visit. It definitely required more equipment including some free weights if it's to get any real use. I booked the hotel including because of the gym but didn't use it.

The other downside is the location. For such a short stay I would have preferred being closer to the city. I didn't have sufficient time to familiarise myself with the location to ride on one of the free bikes (which I otherwise would have). The driver service is acceptable but could be improved by clearer English communication as to pick up points, or even a regular shuttle style at peak times to allow guests familiarity.

Another suggestion is diet soft drinks in the mini bar.

This seems quite a critical review but is not. The above points are minor. The breakfast was outstanding. My room impeccably maintained. The staff only too pleased to assist ( for example, when my tour was running late reception staff telephoned them twice for me to ensure they were coming- this gave me great peace of mind).

Had I stayed longer and had additional time, I would have found the distance from town less of a hindrance and also had the chance to fully enjoy all the facilities. I will definitely return and recommend this hotel. I suggest it is particularly well suited to more upmarket travellers especially couples who do not mind walking biking or driving to town and are prepared to pay a relatively premium rate. 5 stars without a doubt. Katherine

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you Katherine for your lovely comments in TripAdvisor, which will motivate us to strive for perfection, also thank you for sharing your suggestions, i will make sure it will be addressed to the concerned managers to look into it to improve further.
Thank you once again, and from today we look forward to welcoming you again soon.