“Luxury hotel and resort in a beautiful garden at the riverside”

Nam Ou Riverside Hotel & Resort
Ranked #40 of 257 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Luxury hotel and resort in a beautiful garden at the riverside”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you like nature and design, this is the place to stay. I just had a really good and relaxing time in this resort, I've got the beautiful bungalow with the wooden trees decoration, including fresh fruits, coffee&tee, private balcony with the river view. The bed was very comfortable and it's a really nice and quiet place, just nature sounds are around you.
I've made a tour and visited the cave by the river, the major temples, the liquor and handicraft village, the art village for hand loom weaving and craft paper making, and Ock Pop Tok School for handcraft with cafe and restaurant. Luang Prabang city is near with many temples, souvenir shops, cafés and restaurants, but I've enjoyed the peaceful stay by the riverside, the swimming pool and elephant ride in the village neighborhood. The staff is very friendly and attentive and can make individual arrangements. The restaurant has local and western food and drinks, just enjoy and relax.

Room Tip: I've stayed at the wooden tree bungalow and I really like it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Claudia R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is one of the loveliest places I have visited. The setting is breath-taking. The rooms are gorgeous with very comfortable beds. The staff is very welcoming and the service top notch. The elephant was the best part of our 4 day stay. We bathed her in the adjacent river, rode on top of her back to her nearby home, and fed her bananas and sugar cane. My two daughters and I had a wonderful time playing with her and will always cherish our memories. Feed her an extra helping of sugar cane when you visit, she loves it.

Room Tip: Our room faced the river, and it was a divine location.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2013

...I'm writing this review (pool side overlooking the Nam Ou river and country side) on the third day of our 5 day stay..you would not meet nicer people than here, the villa is truly 5 star, their service is first class..time to go.. Another dip, than a superb lunch.. It is truly heaven

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harold L
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel in Jan. It was the best place in our Laos trip. And we wished we could have stayed longer. It is very peaceful, calm resort. It felt like it was just for two of us in the hotel. Rooms: new, huge and clean. Service was exceptional. I am very frequent traveler with high expectations and the staff exceeded all of them and even surprised us. They made us feel like we were their most special guests. I can tell only very good things about this place. My recommendation - if you like to have a run away from busy cities, pagodas and want just chill out and be pampered for a day or two, go there. Practical recommendation: you can take a boat to the cave (2-3 hours) and then ask driver to leave you in the village in front of cave. In the village go to the last house where there is an old man who speaks a bit of English he may organize a car for you better go there in morning so you figure your tripping till sunset. Hotel also organizes the pick up by car (25 mins) or boat, but a bit more expensive. In any case it is worth of experience. Being there you can take a small boat trip to visit real (not-tourist) villages. I liked it a lot. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rasa-Lietuva
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2013

One of a kind! Lovely location on beautiful Nam Ou river and beside idyllic little village, locals fishing and swimming from the shore below the resort. Our "room" was a huge villa, fit for royalty, with all kinds of extras and perks, and with a large veranda overlooking river views. Beautiful swimming pool overlooking the river and mountains. Staff were so welcoming and helpful, especially considering they were officially closed for renos when we showed up unannounced and they quickly made us feel at home and very comfortable. Thank you! Top marks for this classy establishment.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 12JenniferE
Beijing, China
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stayed at this place for 2 nights and everything about this place is fantastic. I never had fish more delicious than what I had here. And the hotel manager and chef spent a good 10 min to explain us how to cook it. The view is amazing and room is superb. I stayed in 3 other resorts in Laos and have been disappointed by service level. But Nam Ou Rivierside is an exception. Service makes the stay so enjoyable. High recommend

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We arrived here after a torture session called a VIP bus from south. To be met by someone from the resort when we tumbled off the bus was like seeing an angel! I can't praise this place highly enough, the manager is charming, the staff are great, the attention to detail in the rooms and resort show someone has given this place a great deal of thought and love.
We were lucky to have been the only tourists in the resort and have to say it was the absolute highlight of our trip. Great rates too, I would stay here rather than Luang Prabang any time.

Room Tip: Why would you go to Luang Prabang when you can stay here?
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends