Aham Corner Guesthouse (Aussie Sports Bar & Guesthouse)
US$227
US$174
MGallery
  • Breakfast included
US$228
Hotels.com
The Apsara Rive Droite(Luang Prabang)
US$125
US$106
US$160
US$242
US$460
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Le Palais Juliana(Luang Prabang)
US$109
US$82
Agoda.com
Santi Resort & Spa(Luang Prabang)
US$75
US$73
TripAdvisor
Lao Spirit Resort(Luang Prabang)
US$85
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We spent 2 nights here and loved everything about this place! Perfect location, clean room (we were upgraded for free due to a cancellation and the owner's kindness) and a huge bathroom. We ate dinner here and it was very good as well, with excellent service. But, what sets this place apart is the owner, John. He is SO kind and beyond helpful. When I arrived, I had been dealing with food poisoning for 3 days and wasn't getting better. He told me immediately what kind of medication I needed and then gave me several pills to get started! He was right, my own antibiotics, prescribed by my MD in the US, did not touch whatever I had and if it hadn't been for John, I might have been sick for another week, or longer!!! He was so friendly and helpful in every way. An added bonus, the monks in the morning are visible from the balcony upstairs, you don't have to leave the guesthouse to see them! Highly recommended place to stay in Luang Prabang!

Visited December 2013

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a slightly larger room, with a very nice bathroom! I believe it was room #4.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelforfunSeattle
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After arriving in Luang Prabang we were surprised to find a place that was showing the All Black Ireland rugby match. Once there we didn't leave. John the owner went out of his way on a daily basis to help us out with anything we needed. Nice and clean accommodation, good food and the hospitality shown to us by John and his friendly staff made our stay at the Aham Corner Guesthouse definitely one I would recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

It was such a warm welcome when I arrived in this guesthouse. The people, the place, the room!
You might think: 'hm, Aussies, sports, Western food? Do I want that on my trip to Asia?'. Yes, you do! John, his wife and staff will do everything to let you have the best stay in this beautiful city. The bedrooms are beautiful, cozy, spacy, all made of dark wood and they have a rain shower!!
Try to make a choice looking at the menu card, I dare you to pick what you want within the minute. You can't, it is all so good! Do try the fish and chips and the Kakkadew stew.
Yes, at this Aussie you pay a bit more then you might in another guesthouse. But come on! Treat yourself to the best stay at the most beautiful spot you will find in LP.
If you have your doubts, just drop by. Have the staff let you show the rooms. Have a chat with John. Taste his food. You know that you are home.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

You don't get any rooms as good as these for the same price.
The staff is welcoming and very friendly! The rooms are fashionable and clean with lots of light.
There's no doubt about it. This must be the best place to stay in Luang Prabang within this price range.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Run by Aussie, John Crozier, and his lovely wife, Jenny, the Aussie Sports Bar offers rooms in a lovely, traditional old teak building. Free wifi, clean, comfy beds and a bar with pub meals available downstairs. It's in a great spot to walk to all the best haunts and John is a charming and extremely helpful host.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple