- The room. We had a corner room (201), so we could enjoy the light coming in from four windows. The bed was amazingly comfortable; there was a lot of space to walk around it; there was enough pieces of furniture to undo our luggage and feel very much at home; the bathroom was big and comfortable.
- The cleanliness. The room, the bathroom and the rest of the property were absolutely spotless.
- The breakfast. Eggs any style made to demand every morning with bread, roasted onions and tomatoes + different fresh fruit every morning (pineapple, papaya, mango, melon...)
- The manager (or maybe just very enthusiastic staff member), Khao. Attentive, gentle, funny, efficient and much more. He was a big part of our pleasure of staying at the Lao Lu.
- The location. Located in a small and quiet street, the Lao Lu is very central, very close to Mount Phou Si and to the Night Market, a short walk (half a corner) from the Mekong. The only downside to its location is that there is no view, but it really didn't bother us.
- The snacks provided. All day tea, coffee, bananas and homemade sesame and peanuts granola bars, available in the outside lobby/garden.
- The shared terrace. In front of every room on the second floor, two chairs and a table are a nice touch to enjoy tea or a beer (available at the corner shop) before going out for dinner.
- One other staff member. The other young man (the only one we saw apart from Khao) really didn't seem to like his job and was not at all helpful.
- The bicycles for rent. They were expensive and one of them broke after 10 minutes.
After six nights booked at the Lao Lu Lodge, we were so happy and comfortable, we asked to book another night. They were already full for that extra night, so we looked around town for another place to spend our 7th night in Luang Prabang (a truly amazing town). We visited a dozen hotels and guesthouses and can truly say that the Lao Lu Lodge is, by far, the best option in town. The other lodging options raising to its standards are a lot pricier: 50 to 65$ while we were there; the Lao Lu was 31! The other options around 30$ were far less interesting. We came back to the Lao Lu that afternoon, where Khao happily told us they had a cancellation while we were on the hunt for another place! We were so glad we could stay in our home away from home for one more night.
When going to Luang Prabang, don't miss the Lao Lu Lodge.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lao Lu Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.