“Wonderful hostel!”

Ranked #20 of 257 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful hostel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We did not pre-book, rather we were walk-in guests just looking for a place to stay. For the price, it was excellent! The room was clean, toilets were clean, great location and the staff spoke english a little. Collection of money was during departure, they were not too fussy about us extending our stays or coming home late, however we felt bad to be knocking on the doors after 10:00pm. I highly recommend this place when you travel to Luang Prabhang, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: We took the upstairs room facing the street, good view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay we had there!
Considering the price, the room was outstanding - private bathroom with hot shower, king size bed, clean place, tv , AC, safety box.
Good location, close to hive and utopia bars.
But the best came from the very friendly staff - mostly a sweet woman during daytime and a man during night. They gave us tips, arranged bus booking and the lady even helps us negotiate with a grumpy tuk-tuk driver!
We came there again after our trip to Sayaboury and we'll definitely come again next time!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The location is excellent ,close to everything. comfortable rooms -excellent value. The staff are very friendly and offer good advice about local places of interest. But the door this place is closes at 10:00 pm., If you are late, you will need to knock the door,I'm so sorry for staff will to wait open the door.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Mui Ne, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a booking for 3 nights here but we were late checking in due to a delay with our bus from Vang Vieng, so unfortunately they could only offer us 1 night. I would suggest contacting them beforehand to confirm your booking so this doesn't happen.
The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are wonderful. Request a room on the first floor as you have a gorgeous little balcony and view into the street. It's a fairly busy street so gets noisy in the morning but I'm not a light sleeper so didn't bother me!
The room is spotless, charming and the shower was the most powerful we've come across in south east Asia so far! Our laundry was done and we went back to pick it up the next day. It's just across the road from Mount Phu Si and around the corner from a great out door local run eatery selling tasty and cheap noodle soup amongst other things.
Because of our room confusion we found a great one called B & B Guesthouse just around the corner which was just as good and the same price 120,000 kip.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor with balcony and a great view, the others are downstairs and a bit dark
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms -excellent value. Walking distance of all sights. Owner speaks Englsh and is always available to answer questions. On two occasions he gave us laotian food to taste - scrumptious. Room had clean bathroom, AC, fan and balcony. Helped book flights, and followed up pick up for airport.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have balconies..any room wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My stay was 4 nights and I didn't have any single problem, except people here too nice to me and I felt so hard to leave.

First of all, I gotta say the shower did work so well for me, even though on my first day, the water was cut out for 2 hours and I was well-informed immediately when I arrived. For me, it's out of their control but they tried their best to let the guests know, myself found this very responsible and I have no complain as I aware of staying in budget guesthouse, not 5 stars to be too demanding. Thus, I did manage my expectation.

Secondly, about the facilities. The location is great, allocated in a silent road but within walking distance to the night market and 500m away the bar area. I found this is very convenient. About the guesthouse and the room, the photos of the room here is real. I stayed in that double room with beautiful balcony, clean, very comfortable bed, also with TV and the fridge, I also found nothing to complain.

Thirdly, people here are amazing. They didn't treat me like guest but like a daughter come back home after long time. They also made some home-made dessert and left some in my room fridge for me. For that, I can't thank enough to them. I felt totally staying in my family, not strangers.

I have never felt this extreme hospitality during 4-5 years travel experience. I would strongly recommend you to stay, try to talk to Mr. Adisack as his family, they will tell you the history of Laos, Luang Prabang which you hardly find in any guide book.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Smoothie1412
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This place is absolutely one of the best we have seen in 5 months of traveling.

Everything you need is there: big spotless clean room (gets cleaned every day), AC, refrigirator, balcony, big and comfortable bed, good hot shower. On top of that the owner is very friendly, speaks perfect English and gives amazing service. For example: he made us a local desert, made us coffee in the morning, and when we got back from a three-day trip our bags were waiting for us in the room, because he knew we would come back for the same room.

All this for only 140.000 kip, or 110.000 for a room without balcony. Witch is pretty cheap for Luang Prabang.

If you got the chance, stay here!
(Find their website with contactdetails on Google)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple