“Pleasant stay”

Sita-Norasingh Inn
Ranked #21 of 257 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and were very happy.
Pros - big size room with big size bathroom. Bathroom has separate shower area which is a nice touch. Good water pressure with lots of hot water. Very nice and always smiling and helpful host/ hostess. Good wifi. 2 free water bottles everyday. Great location.

Cons - not really an issue for us but would be nice if room could have been cleaned everyday with fresh towels instead of every other day especially since we have a hyperactive toddler. Water in the shower area in the twin room we stayed did not drain quickly. Even though we were given hot water on request, would have been nicer if they had placed one of those water heaters in the common area for everyone especially since breakfast was not given.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We originally were staying across the bamboo bridge, but moved because the bridge wasn't finished yet (check to see if the bridge is open before you book a place that requires crossing it!). We originally only booked 4 nights at Sita-Norasing, but loved it so much we ended up spending 19 nights! Great location next to restaurants and a short walk from the main road. One of the best showers we had in 4 months travelling SE Asia. WIFI was as good as it gets in Laos. Friendly owners who genuinely cared about us and helped me start my kick start motorbike when I was having troubles.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Overall Excellent - Friendly owners, great value, very clean, modern, comfy bed, everything worked perfectly! Also fantastic location. Loved it and will definitely stay again when visiting Luang Prabang.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I read the reviews here on tripadvisor and found only positive ones so I decided to write an email to the owner to book the room (first floor with balcony). He responded so quickly with all needed details. Once getting there, met only his sister (he's away to Vientiane). She welcomed me nicely- told me the direction, answered me the questions I may have. The room I booked was very nice, good size, clean, equipped with tv, fridge, and bathroom. Especially, the good quality of bed&duvet made me not wanting to get up! It's so comfyyyy. The rate is more than reasonable compare with the good stay experience you will have. Even the guesthouse location is a bit off from center but for me, I really liked it, it's quiet yet easy to walk to anywhere (short walk to some nice bars such as Lao Lao Garden, Utopia).

Overall, I impressed in every aspects with Sita-Norasingh Inn, will for sure stay here again if I happen to be there.

Stayed during 29.12.13-01.01.14 (3 nights)

Room Tip: I loved my room, very good king size bed with balcony, stayed at room No.1.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Having read all good reviews on Tripadvisor for "Sita Norasingh' , i tried my luck to inquire room room for a week. To my disbelief, Adisack informed room are still available for my traveling date to Luang Prabang. Stayed at both their double & twin room and Sita-Norasingh is truly a gem at an affordable rate, room is clean, bed are comfortable and the shower is good with even "Mount Phousi view" . Thank you Adisack and Noy for the hospitality. I missed the 'tasty' Lao dessert.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
British Columbia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We are currently staying at Sita-Norasingh Inn in Luang Prabang and are very happy with our choice of guesthouse for our 5-night stay. The owners are a wonderful Lao family that are doing their very best to provide clean, comfortable and simple lodging at a very reasonable price.

The rooms are painted white and accented by local artwork, wooden furniture and dark hardwood floors (kept very clean by removing shoes in the reception area). We find the twin beds spacious and comfortable - not too hard compared to most other places we have stayed at in SE Asia during the past 6 weeks. We also love the duvet on the bed - especially as the weather is cold at night right now. Bath towels, hand soap and bottled water are also provided for guests. The room also has a desk with table lamp and chair, mini-fridge, TV, lockable wardrobe, fan, AC and window screens.

The en-suite bathroom is quite spacious and has a tiled shower with plenty of hot water. Love the clothes rack that can be used to air out towels (or hang up undies).

We have found the owners are also very helpful, prompt to assist and held our booking with no pre-payment via email. They even gave us suggestions for where to stay in Vientiane when we asked - actually went out of their way to find out what might work for us.

Breakfast is not available, but there are endless options within a couple of minutes walk.

The location is relatively quiet for this busy tourist destination. The Night Market (which occurs every night from 4 PM onward) is about a 5-minute stroll from the guesthouse and most other destinations around town are also very easy to reach on foot.

Room Tip: There are two rooms with balconies, but they are on the street side so expect more noise than other...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My fiancée and I stayed there for 2 nights in Dec 2013. We relied on Tripadvisor but - although cheap - it was in a dark street with old dirty shops, 2 blocks from markets, and there was NO coffee/tea in the room. The concierge spoke no English. No help at all. The shower was nice and hot. It was SO difficult to open the windows...and no balcony. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple