“Nice location, average food”
Review of The tables - CLOSED

The tables
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cuisine is Loatian/thai
Denver, Colorado
“Nice location, average food”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

The sizzling shish kabobs cooked right on the street are enticing, but once in the restaurant, the service wasn't attentive, I felt rushed, and the shish kabob meal was skimpy at best. Who makes "green bean salad" with literally 2 beans?? Even at $5 a plate, I thought it was a rip off.

Luang Prabang, Laos
“One of a Kind in Lpb”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was intrigued by the curious onlookers in The Tables. The grill stand with the barbecue selection was drawing the crowd. I invited our group to check what the fuss is all about. We got a table after waiting a few minutes. This place is jam packed between 7 & 8 pm. It’s best to get there before 7.

Pork barbecue is tender and savory. Goes well with beer. My friends ordered the large grilled fish and a bottle of white wine. They couldn’t be more satisfied. We tried the spring rolls on the menu and were not disappointed. Great way to guzzle up your beer.

I recommend this restaurant for its food and reasonable price!

Australia
“Murphy's law”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong: we waited for a long time as the place was extremely busy, but once the meals arrived everything was cold. We sent the dishes away but they just heated them for a few minutes in the grill and brought the same serves back, this time slightly warm but dry. In addition, they got the order wrong, which we only noticed when the bill came. Not recommended.

Visited January 2014
Luang Prabang, Laos
“Great BBQ. Fantastic Price!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Went there with some friends. Go there early as the restaurants tends to be quite busy. BBQ selection is great. Try the spring rolls, crispy and the best in LPQ so far. Also try their Pad Thai. Delicioso!

Chicago, Illinois
“Extremely poor service - not a great selection to choose from”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had dinner at this restaurant - they have a grill in front that makes it appealing. The young man who waited on my table had a couldn't care less attitude - perhaps I should have left as it was a teaser of what was to come. First he walked away in the middle of my placing the order and returned 5 minutes later - yawned right in the middle of the rest of the order. I asked for a soup followed by Mekong grilled fish in a banana leaf and a bottle of water. I specifically asked that the soup be served first followed by the main course - of course, 20 minutes later both courses were served at the same time.
The soup was good - a bit salty....the fish was served without the banana leaf - so I don't know if it was cooked inside the leaf or not. By the time I got to sample the fish, it was cold but I decided to continue - rather bland and not very flaky. By this time I had finished both courses.....and sat......and sat.......and sat for nearly 45 minutes - my table was not cleared (there were only 3 tables that were busy) with the waiters / waitresses lining up on the side or disappearing in the back. Since I was in no rush, I sat it out but after 45 minutes asked to speak to the manager - there wasn't one!! (I ended up calling the hotel that owned this restaurant and speaking to the manager over there). The waiter never came back with a menu for dessert or even asked how the dishes were - I finally paid the bill (without any tip)....and the waitress who took the money said the restaurant was willing to offer me a 20% discount for what had happened.
This was not an isolated incident as other guests had a similar experience - maybe it is while the cat is away , the mice are at play......however I cannot recommend this restaurant both for the total lack of service and the food that was served - there are many other better restaurants in LP (check out my other reviews)