“peaceful paradise with angels staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellevue Bungalows

Bellevue Bungalows
Ranked #122 of 255 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Zurit
“peaceful paradise with angels staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

“ Very good Bungalow Hotel, family run, well organised with great support for the customers and a lovely garden. This is the place we had greatest service for very very small pay!, where you can relax, close to the night market in the suburb , just 20 minutes walk to the city in a quiet area. Perfect stay, very recommendable! ”

Room Tip: If u need something, just ask for it! they will happy to fulfill anything for u.I loved this humble...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank peledan55

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Quiet, peaceful place though a little to far out of the main areas. Owners where lovely, got a few dogs but friendly too...Good breakfast, perhaps a little overpriced. Several bungalows for couples and singles....good rooms.....good hot water when it warms up and get flow right

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RoryE
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

No hot water in the room and the receptionnist never show me how the hot water in the bathroom works. He only give me a glass of water telling me to put my finger inside to feel the water hot (the day of departure when I was outside ready to leave...)

Ant in the bathroom, and cockroach in the room flying at my arrival.

For my departure, the receptionnist didn't propose me an earlier breakfast and I leave without breakfast for the last day.

Bathtub broken with sellotape (scotch) above and a window which doesn't close.

Far from center.
A lot of dogs around you when you take your breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tania1504

Travellers are raving about these Luang Prabang hotels

Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

As soon as I arrive I was "welcome" in buy one, two, three, four, five, six, yes six dogs. I like dogs but sorry 6 are too much for me in such a small place. Actually the probleme is that the customers are not aware of the situatuation, there is no mention on the web site I booked my nights. When they clean the rooms, the dogs can freely come inside...They may clean the garden but there is permanantly in the air a flavour of the gift of the dogs... Beurk
I add that the rooms are noisy.
All in all the kindness off the owners can't regain the negative side of my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank khopchaideu
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed with my partner in this hotel this month and I honestly do not understand how the place has ever had a positive review. I am so absolutely appalled by the filth and squalor of this hotel that it actually makes me feel slightly nauseous to write about it. We booked for three nights through Agoda but we left after one. The only reason that we stayed that one night is that we arrived too late in the afternoon to be able to do anything about it. If we had known how bad it would be that night, I would have happily slept anywhere else just to avoid the nightmare.

To start with, the stench of drains and damp in our room was absolutely unbearable and I had to brush my teeth outside on the porch as my stomach turned every time I went into the bathroom. On arrival, we immediately asked to change rooms because of the smell but were told they were full and we were not offered any remedy at all, such as incense, which would have significantly helped. There were ants crawling all over the sink, and the bath was so dirty that we opted not to shower (despite having been travelling all day) as we honestly believed we would be cleaner if we went without.

The walls to the adjoining room were so thin that we could hear absolutely everything that the couple next door were doing - coughing, turning over in bed... it was lucky they were not doing anything more intimate as it would have felt like a serious invasion of privacy. The stench from the bathroom when we returned to our room in the evening was so horrific that we went out to reception to see if anyone could help us (such as provide a scented candle). It was then that we saw rats crawling over the bar area and (we saw the next morning) across the area where the staff prepare breakfast. When we went to climb into bed, we saw that there were holes all over our sheets as if something had been gnawing away. I can only assume this was the rats again. When we woke up in the morning after a terrible night's sleep, we immediately went into town and found a new hotel. When we returned to collect our suitcases, we informed the manager that we were leaving. His response? "Ok," and an arrogant smile. I asked him, in disbelief, whether he knew that we were leaving early and he said that he did. Then he said nothing further. No apology, no query as to why we were leaving despite having paid in full. All I can think is that people have left early before (which after reading other TripAdvisor reviews I have seen is correct) and that he is just used to taking people's money and not caring less about whether they are comfortable in his hotel. I also must mention the fact that if your idea of luxury on your holiday is being greeted by six or seven barking and not-very-friendly looking dogs, then this is the hotel for you. It is not very reassuring when the owner has to calm them down and finds it absolutely hilarious when we jumped back.

I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else, there are some lovely guesthouses in the centre of town.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Liv M
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

We ended up staying at Bellevue Bungalows for 5 nights (instead of the 3 we had planned on), a lovely place with such friendly owners! You will feel so welcomed as soon as you get there and they are always willing to help and answer all questions, and always with a smile. The bungalows are cozy and clean, breakfast good, laundry service excellent, all in all, it was all we had wished for. We did not find the location to be inconvenient as it is located right next to the Old Bridge, all you have to do is cross it and you are already in town. Walk 5 more minutes and you are already on the street where all the bars and restaurants are located. The best way (in our opinion) to explore the town is by renting bikes (20 000d) and you will find bikes already on the other side of the Old Bridge. With this said, we found the location to be perfect as we where outside the hustle and bustle of the town, but still close enough to easily access it. Oh, and the owners of the resort have such lovely dogs that they care for with great love, it was such a joy to watch them together. Bellevue Bungalows really has a warm atmosphere to it and you will definitely feel at home there!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights as part of a group. The room was excellent. Modern bathroom and good facilities. The breakfast is good. The service and friendliness of staff is excellent. It was a very relaxing stay.

I'm not a dog lover but even I enjoyed having their dogs around. They have several very nice well kept pet dogs. This may not suite everyone though. The other downside may be the walk into town. Whilst a good walk you do have to cross the bridge which for some people can be off putting.

Overall I would recommend and stay in again.

• Stayed January 2013