“Don't Miss It!!”

Big Brother Mouse
Ranked #4 of 25 Shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Help eager young Lao students practice their English through informal conversation. Learn more about their lives and culture, and tell about yours. (Free 2-hour drop-in practice, 9:00-11:00 am and 5:00-7:00 pm.)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was one of my favorite experiences during our trip in Laos. It was so great to speak with locals and learn about their lives, and to teach them about our own. Definitely bring pictures of your country, your pass times, and your family. This helps keep the conversation flowing.

3  Thank BrittBon

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The place fills up with Laos youth wanting to improve their english.
There maybe enough foreigners to go around but check it out.

The youth are so appreciative and love people to assist them

Very positive experience

2  Thank Dara-Khmer
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Big Brother Mouse was near our hotel so thats how we found it. We went and spent 2 hours of our time there one afternoon and it was worth every minute of it. We worked with teenagers whose english varied from fairly fluent to very little spoken. It was great talking with them and helping them learn words and phrases. The student I was paired up with his english was quite good so we had a great conversation about his life and the mountain village where he came from. I wish I had more time in Luang Prabang as I would have went back there several of times. I love how keen they are to learn english and be educated. It is very inspiring.

1  Thank Kase87
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I was prepared to help children improve their english or french and was a bit surprised to find that "my" children had beards or ran businesses. Most of the Laotian people I met were students. At first they were a bit reserved but after 15mn more people came and conversations became very animated. Some had a good level in english some didn't but they all tried hard to communicate in English. I learned a lot about Laos through them during 2 hours. One of the girls who was teacher training for becoming the first teacher in her village brought her homework abd everyone around tried to help with the translatiln from Lao. One of the boys wanted to become a guide snd one other worked as a receptionist to pay for his law studies at university. One woman owned a business and felt that she needed to improve her english for the development of her projects. I was impressed by their motivation and did my best to animate our group of five. That experience was the best of my staying in Luang Prabang.

1  Thank Masala D
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I spent yesterday evening and this morning speaking with two young novice monks. They are so eager to learn and get help with their school work. After we spoke to them for about 3 hours, we went with them to a nearby bookshop and bought them a book each. Dollars well spent. They were so grateful and gave us handmade bracelets to show their appreciation. This project is amazing, they work hard to provide locals with the opportunity to read, which is something we take for granted! It's such a good experience and you will learn more about English yourself!! Give some of your time and money to Big Brother Mouse - it's worth it.