“Shame on you!”
Review of Khmu

Khmu
Ranked #161 of 212 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went to this restaurant several times and loved it: it was busy, the staff was pretty nice, and we loved the décor. Unfortunately, our last meal could have led us to the hospital! I ordered a green chicken curry - my favourite- and my mouth was watering when I saw the waiter coming towards me. But a horrible smell came from the plate. I thought it was something else and tasted my food. The meat was tainted. They said it was not the case, but I insisted they redid my dish. They did o, but to tell you the truth, I couldn't it anything.
And they made me pay for it!!

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

A place where they offer food and massages at the same time ( 1 meter from the tables and the kitchen they do the massages) what can you expect !!!!

Worst experience, so better avoid it and find another place to eat or to have a massage ( they are very unprofessional and don't speak english)

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Looooved this restaurant!! Best one we went to in Luang Prabang. Really tasty and really cheap. Great atmosphere! loved the vines hanging from the roof.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

we had a good experience here - we ordered green curry noodles and tom yum rice which were really delicious - we also noticed that a lot of people were drinking fresh smoothies - if we weren't so full from the food i think we would have tried a smoothie too!

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

I just had dinner like few hours and had to find a way to tell how bad it was. Been traveling to many countries and this one is really unacceptable;
1. The staffs can't really understand the second language. I told one staff who has unequal eyes that I wanted beef steak and fresh Lao food thing(can't remember the name) and please served us the Laos one first and serve steak later. It ended up serving at the same time.
Also, I told him, the same staff, I wanted a glass of water. He have me a glass of coconut shake which was 9,500 kip and it said in the bill that it was fruit shake which tasted nothing like neither coconut nor any fruit that you could imagine.
2. Poor staff quality. They did not give me the plate for the Laos good and I had to ask for it after waiting for few minutes watching them talking doing nothing. Also they did not give me a folk and spoon after giving me the plate that I asked
3. Poor quality of food. Beef steak was really unacceptable especially comparing with the price I paid. It was really small and thin with no good taste in it. The bread was really hard and uncut, and there were so small amount of fries and carrots serving with.

I am not being over complaining and want to tell that even the street food in Luang Prabang taste a lot better than here (I tried many street food here and it tasted really good!). Any of you may try here if you think I am wrong. This place really needs someone to train the staffs and a cook. And the food is really overpriced!!!