“Beautiful and relaxing”
Review of The Spa Garden

The Spa Garden
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Our hotel manager highly recommended The Spa Garden so much that he called them to make us an appointment.
tucked near the end of the penninsula, on side street, the gardens are so peaceful and beautiful. the interior, if in the USA, would commend a hundred dollars per massage.
i had a laotian dry massage for 60000k. after changing into the massage clothing, i was taken to a very quiet and dark room, and for the next hour, succumbed to the pointed pressure of my masseuse. although it was somewhat painful at times (i asked for it), i felt so loose afterwards. the tea at the end was a nice touch.
they take credit cards, but their internet was down when we arrived, so we had to pay cash. overall, a great experience.

There are newer reviews for The Spa Garden

Reviewed 22 February 2013

My husband and I have had massages all over SE Asia, and this is the first time we've left early. He left early because the room was swelteringly hot (AC was there, just not on), the masseuse softly poked his back and neck for the whole time and wasn't strong enough to get at any sore spots. I left early because of communication issues. I had asked for 1 hour massage and 1 hour facial. After the massage, she gave me a towel and my robe and pointed at the door to leave. I waited on the lobby for a bit because I was confused. I poked my head in later to ask about the facial, and was told 'not possible, no time'. But I had booked it. Also, there was one person in charge of everything, and the other staff kept interrupting her to ask her questions. She needed to leave her client 3 times when I was trying to book my treatments, and 3 times when I was trying to pay.

Shower room wasn't very clean and was filled with mosquitos.

Wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

You can't go wrong for US$8.00 for an hour of good massage. Clean and professional. My husband enjoyed it also. Definitely go for it!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I visited the Spa Garden after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor and was very disappointed. I went for the 90 min mystic Lao massage, expecting herbs and plenty of stretching after a great traditional Lao massage in Vientiane (at Mandarina Spa). Perhaps I should have read the description more carefully since it doesn't mention herbs, but this was hands down the worst massage I have ever had (and I've had quite a few massages). My masseuse clearly didn't want to be there and hasn't been trained properly. The entire 90 minutes consisted of repetitive finger pressing all over my body (which felt more like poking rather than effective acupressure), with at least two thirds of the time spent on my legs. The massage did nothing to relieve tension and there was no focus on tighter areas such as shoulders. I really wanted to tell her to stop and just leave but didn't want to rude. Then at the end, instead of the usual firm but gentle slapping that they often do on your back, she hit me so hard that it was jarring my neck and quite painful. There was no communication throughout. I left feeling annoyed and agitated.

On the other hand, the spa is in a lovely setting and the front desk service was excellent. It may have been a completely different experience with a different masseuse. I also noticed that the adjacent rooms that are used for the other types of massages contained a raised table with a hole for your head, unlike the mattress on the floor used for the Lao massage.

1  Thank MKT_514
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A great afternoon at the Spa Garden. Great athmosphere - very clean and zen! Unlike some other places in Luang...
We started with a full body oil massage, then head massage and finishing with a foot massage. The staff are very friendly and very well trained (you can feel the difference).
A great experience - which does cost a little more than the street massages, but really provides quality relaxation!

1  Thank fp81