Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
PricelineUS$72
Agoda.comUS$60
TravelocityUS$95
All reviews the main street in town night market plunge pool free shuttle each morning breakfast was excellent spacious rooms three nights stay in luang prabang annex laos alms ritual
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights after 2 excellent hotels in Cambodia and were disappointed with the standard of the room and overall ambiance of the place - especially considering that this is not a cheap hotel by Laos standards.
We had a room in the separate side building which looks pretty enough but the room was dark, musty and definitely on the small side.
Getting anything sorted was hard work. Insufficient toiletries were provided and we had a light bulb that required replacing. The toiletries were sorted after multiple requests just before we left but the light bulb never was!
Breakfast was very limited although there was an egg station and the staff here were the friendliest in the hotel.
We did wonder whether this was typical of Lao standards but we had a wonderful and much cheaper hotel in Vang Vieng.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2018

I arrived at their posted check-in time was kept waiting an hour for a room.My reservation was for a city-view room with a single large bed. I got ground floor Annex room with small twin beds and a view the garden wall and nothing else.The room was really shabby with scratched and damaged floors, and no desk.Hot water supply was poor, the remote control didn't work, and the hotel only had 2 plug adaptors for the entire facility. (I needed to use my computer to contact friends.) I was offered a place in their resort but that place had mixed reviews and was not centrally located.When I complained to a Lao manager, I was told he would speak to the GM and get back to me. No response ever came.I was told I would have to go out to the resort if I wanted to speak with one personally and honestly I wasn't about to spend the short time I had in Luang Prabang chasing down managers.To be fair the man at the front desk made a valiant attept to solve some of the smaller issues like buying another adaptor. I really came away from this experience eeling I had been cheated.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank mack0951
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear mack0951,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Villa SANTI, Luang Prabang. Guests feed back is of utmost importance to us as it enables us to relatively promptly correct mistakes and/or potential deviations from established procedures.

We are dismayed to read that your experience was not a positive one and would like to sincerely apologize for the mishaps that you encountered. The check-in delay is due to the busy activity of the New Year period but this does not excuse anything.

The rooms with City view are, in fact, suites located in the main "Mansion" building on the main street. We regret that you did not get the bed type that you asked for in the Annex and shall investigate for what reason this happened.

It is embarrassing that no one got back to you and here also we would like to apologize for this lack of attention from our part.

We realize that your experience has been less then enchanting and would like to ensure you that the shortcomings you mentioned will be addressed. We are planning a renovation of the hotel and we believe that, this alone, will alleviate problems to re-occur.

Your Villa SANTI Team.

Reviewed 12 December 2018

The room was spacious and clean, and cable TV that actually works. The bathroom was great with both shower and a separate bath tub. It helps after a long day of walking.

Location was great. It is close enough that you can walk to the attractions easily, but it was far enough that it's not too busy in the evening. All in all, we would go back to the hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2018

Dear Aninda_A

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Villa SANTI, Luang Prabang.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your visit and appreciated our central location as well as the fixtures of your room and bathroom!

we are looking forward to a potential next opportunity to be again of service to you.

Your Villa SANTI Team

Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

The hotel has the old time charm and yet modern. I loved the place. It’s beautiful and the best location I could have asked for. It’s little expensive than other options but worth its money. All the best cafes are right outside.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ManishaJ138

Dear ManishaJ138,

Many thanks for having taken the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Villa SANTI, Luang Prabang. Guests feedback is very important since it enables us to rectify promptly mistakes or deviations from established procedures.

We ae very happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit and more particularly the style of our little mansion.

We hope to be again of service to you in future.

Your Villa SANTI team

Reviewed 27 November 2018

We passed by several times, noting the hotel, its menu, and numerous selfies taken in front of their street sign. Several days, later we had dinner at the Villa Santi Hotel on the terrace overlooking the street. Service, food and view were wonderful. Dinner was followed by a tour of the hotel. Our next trip to Luang Prabang should include a stay at Villa Santi Hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wdkingman
VillaSanti, General Manager at Villa Santi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Dear Wdkingman,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor … even though you actually did not stay at Villa SANTI but had dinner in our Princess Restaurant overlooking the Main Street.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed both food and service while watching the many movements and activities in front of the hotel.

We are definitely looking forward to your next visit to Luang Prabang and guarantee you a wonderful experience!

Your Villa SANTI team.