Stunning location on Mekong River with gorgeous gardens but too far out of town for those who like to be in the centre of things rather than in a resort hotel. There are free shuttles but if you like to wander nearby for bars, shops, restaurants etc you wouldn't like it. If you like being away from it all you probably would. Good spacious rooms - mine had a fabulous view of river and mountains.
Restaurant facilities poor. Either open air which is currently too cold to use or morgue like function rooms which were empty when I was there.
Staff amiable but poorly directed with no discernable management.
Shame. Could be lovely. Curate's egg - good in parts. I didn't choose to stay there and I personally wouldn't choose to but it would be liked by many if professionally managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle of Luangprabang city, the Grand luangprabang hotel is where the music offered by the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel Luang Prabang
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel And Resort
- Grand Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Luang Prabang