Luang Prabang is a small town with a great atmosphere and a fantastic position on a confluence of two rivers. To sample that for the best you need one of the many small hotels overlooking the riverbank. The Grand Hotel is large and not in town but it was obviously built where it was for the super location on the bank of the Mekong. It doesn't have atmosphere, the bar is a case in point, and the food isn't anything like as good as you can get in town. It does have a nice pool area but no changing rooms. The staff are ever so helpful but stuck in old-style hotel service delivery. Thinking through the needs of their customers and delivering hasn't caught up with the competition. For example extracting useful dollars from the front desk is a battle often lost. No safes in rooms - antiquated double lock system behind the front desk involving resealing with staples and sellotape at every access. The shuttle to town is not user-friendly but a tuk-tuk is a more enjoyable option anyway. Traffic is nothing like other cities in Indochina as regards volume of motorbikes. Plenty of tourists cycling round town - a suicide risk in Hanoi or MCMC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle of Luangprabang city, the Grand luangprabang hotel is where the music offered by the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel Luang Prabang
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel And Resort
- Grand Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Luang Prabang