Much of what I am going to write has been said before, but it needs underlining...it's 5.30am as I type and we have been awake since 05.00 due to the paper thin walls and appalling insulation meaning that our early rising and ignorantly noisy fellow guests have broken our sleep. The beds are what you might expect from an English boarding school, hard and creaky, the linens are shabby, the hot water non existent, a fridge that is so old it hums constantly, ditto the ancient television, the lack of safe in the room, coupled with the shout-y printed message about how the 'management do NOT accept responsibility for valuables...' leaves one wondering what kind of institution this is, as it doesn't resemble anything I recognise as a 'hotel'.
Our dinner last night was a joke...the waiter spoke not a word of English and we had to repeat our order four times...despite three of us ordering the same dish. When the food arrived it came for two at a time, with such a vast delay that when the second batch arrived, the first two had as good as finished eating, otherwise their food, already served on very cold plates, would have been freezing. It's worth noting, for the avoidance of doubt, we were the only four people in the restaurant which has absolutely no charm or atmosphere, so the kitchen was not under pressure. A further request for some chilli sauce was pointless as this also took so long to arrived, all plates were consumed.
The location might be pretty but it's not convenient for the town which has numerous other smaller but charming hotels. This may perhaps have had a hey day but currently it's an utter shambles and frankly I can't wait to leave and having just come from the utterly divine Heritage Suites in Siem Reap, I'm trying not to let this experience ruin my holiday, so don't make the mistake of booking here and risk yours.
Belying its name, this hotel certainly isn't Grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle of Luangprabang city, the Grand luangprabang hotel is where the music offered by the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel Luang Prabang
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel And Resort
- Grand Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Luang Prabang