We stayed here for 9 nights in total. There are a lot of positives about this place but also a few negatives. The hotel is nicely located at the quiet north east end of town (the end furthest away from the night market) with numerous restaurants, cafes and cooking schools a stones throw away. LP is a pretty small place so everything is in walking distance. It is also located right next door to Big Brother Mouse which we popped into on a couple of mornings to help locals develop their english. Lots of young monks go there too so its interesting to find out more about their lives.
Anyway the hotel is clean and comfortable and cheaper than quite a few of the guesthouses in the area. Our room had air con, fan, tv, fridge, private bathroom and external opening window. There are only 2 rooms with windows opening externally. The other rooms have windows opening into a covered inside/outside area so not as much day light. There is free tea and coffee and also free drinking water. Bottles were provided in the room and the water cooler is located near the reception. Although we're backpackers, its not a typical backpacker place (which we liked) as in no communal areas, bar, pool, that sort of thing.
The not so good bits are:
- The wifi is terrible. So slow even sat right next to the router and did not work in the rooms as the website states.
- No breakfast in low season.
- We were told we could use the bikes nievely thinking they were free and then found a nice $3/bike/day on our bill
- They tried to charge us an incorrect exchange rate on our final bill i.e it was $15/night (for the massive room with ext windows) which should have been 120kip at an exchange rate of 8kip/dollar however they tried to charge us 125 kip. So check your bill
- 3 items of clothing went missing when we did washing and we only realised when we were about to leave. Thankfully they found them but gave no apology.
- We booked to do an over night at the Elephant Village (well worth it) and had booked our same massive room for a couple of nights when we got back. They ended up moving our room when we returned as I think they had got a better offer.
Other than that pretty good. We really enjoyed our stay there but left feeling like they'd tried to rip us off a bit.