“backpackers' place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luang Prabang
Khammany Inn II Hotel
Ranked #76 of 264 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Manama, Bahrain
“backpackers' place”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

It's really a backpackers place. You can meet and talk to co-backpackers at the long table at the guesthouse's lobby/dining area.

Free breakfast and free tea, coffee and banana anytime :)

I had trouble booking a tuktuk to Kuang Xi Falls. The guy at the reception forgot or misunderstood me and so I had to wait for another 5 hours to get in to a tuktuk to Kuang Xi Falls thus spending the whole morning waiting for tuktuk. But the trip was quite refreshing :) and I still like the guy because he was so apologetic and he's a really nice guy.

the lady receptionist loves Gangnam Style song a lot. she played it over and over again. lol

The place is 10 minutes walk to Wat Phousi and some other temples.

All in all, I recommend the place for its staff and location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank whelorraine

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
Port Dickson, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed in the dorms. The beds are sturdy, bug-free and spaced apart so you are not crammed next to anyone. The rooms are dry, air-conditioned and most importantly CLEAN! The hostel is far enough from the action that it is not noisy at night but close enough to walk to everything. The breakfast was a tomato and onion omelette cooked on the spot. This makes it a great value already however the staff put this place as the top spot I have ever stayed.

The staff are the most exceptional staff I have had the pleasure of meeting. I got very sick while travelling alone and the receptionist put me in her own room to look after me. I didn't get any better so she took me to the clinic, then the hospital, when no one was there they took me to a nurse friend who spoke English. I got better then I got much worse so they took me to the hospital again (might have been a different hospital) and a staff member stayed with me all night and morning. They paid all my fees upfront (tuk-tuk, drugs, etc...) but informed me of the cost before they did. When I got better I wanted to offer a tip or take them out for dinner or something to say thank-you and they refused.

You will not find a place with nicer people, I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jouelle b
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I slept for two nights, or tried to. The dorms had many beds, around 16 I think. I slept poorly, although because of fellow travellers, not the hotel. The first night other backpackers came back at 3 am shouting completely drunk (and one so sick he made loud noises for a long while after that). Not the fault of the hotel, but a bad experience anyhow. The second night there was a scooter from somebody at the hotel whose alarm kept on ringing.
Staff friendly during my stay, except that when I checked out the guy at the reception did not believe I had paid him the first night as soon as I checked in, as I was planning at first to leave very early the day after. So we had to discuss for a while, until he finally accepted with an unpleasant "yeah whatever".
Dorm for 5$, good price for Luang Prabang, but 20$ for a single room is definitely too much. I found much better for half that price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Pros:
- Really friendly staff. The lady at the front desk was one of the most helpful people in Laos.
- Rooms were clean.
- Free breakfast, but its only butter, jam and baguettes.

Cons:
- Location is not very center. About a 10-15 minute walk from anything.
- Has a backpacker feel. We stayed in a room (ensuite), but the place was dominated by young backpackers.
- Rooms are clean but lack any character.
- Wifi is only avaliable in the lobby and not in the rooms. Can sometimes pick up wifi from neighboring cafe, but need the code.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have never come across any guesthouse which has the most young female college backpackers who stays here for their holiday.

The price of the room was value for money and their friendly and helpful receptionist has the most knowledge on what's the best arrangement for sightseeing trip in Luang Prabang and Laos.

Room Tip: This might not be the hotel you want if you are seeking for nightlife as it's located slightly o...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeyMatt
Truro
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The lady Thu who runs the Inn is just fantastic!!!!! It loosk like she runs the place single handedly but so easily! When we arrived in Luang Prabang I wasn't very well and we booked a dorm room on hostelworld. She let us upgrade to our own double which was just wonderful. We had a twin room with a big wet room style bathroom.This was probably one of the cleanest places we stayed and such good value for money!!!
Downstairs is free tee and if you are up in time some toast too! Located only5 mins walk from the restaurants and night market I highly recommend this Inn!! :) She arranged flights for us, day trips to waterfalls, tuktuk to airport, literally anything you want to do Thu will sort it for you! She even sleeps by the reception incase you need anything!!!! The communal wifi reception area where you can get the tea is great for meeting other fellow travellers too

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosie H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Rooms were average, quite bland and clinical. Free breakfast of bread, butter, jam and noodles was available, but apart from that, not much else to speak of. Free wi-fi available only in the lobby, not in the rooms - more of a guest house for backpackers rather than a hotel. Excellent service from the girl at the front desk.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family